TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching on Youtube about two guys riding Honda Monkeys for the Baja 1000 route. They didn't ride in the race. They had 1 flat and did break in maintenance on the bikes was about it. I think the TW would have been a much better choice. I couldn't believe they made that whole trip on those little bikes.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
those little bikes are a blast, i bought a honda grom ( same engine ) and have had a ton of fun, they climb, rough steep hills great. 14.JPG

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I was watching on Youtube about two guys riding Honda Monkeys for the Baja 1000 route. They didn't ride in the race. They had 1 flat and did break in maintenance on the bikes was about it. I think the TW would have been a much better choice. I couldn't believe they made that whole trip on those little bikes.

i would have loved to go with those guys

·
Registered
226 Posts
This is a trip for your bucket list. We did it in 2014 on 450 KTMs. 1130 miles down the Baja. Went back in 2017 as crew for a team. Good times.

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
Brilliant video - shows just how much fun and frustration goes into one of these rides - (also shows how many support vehicles you need to make a commercial video of the "action", but hey, no criticism from me)

If you've ever done this without said support vehicles. fair play to you ........

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah,
That show was originally shown in the Motor Trend network channel over a month ago or so. I linked it on here way back then. Their next episode of “Throttle Out” was about a TW and a KLR650 up in the Oregon/Washington border in the mud and snow. I think I linked that one on here too. I was aiming at a Monkey bike before I got the T-Dub but, way too expensive for the limited time I’d have ridden it. So, the TW one-Out ‘cause there’s plenty of them in the used market.
Scott

Reactions: Ken and Purple
1 - 6 of 6 Posts