TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are sold at tractor supply for $649. It's a 200cc 6.5 hp cvt trans with a pull start. With the fat tires it looks like a good little play bike for riding around the back 40. Does anyone here own or rode one and how do you like it?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Saw a guy riding one down the shoulder of Route 27 with a very pretty gal on the back. Who says you have to have a Harley to show a girl a good time?

·
Registered
81 Posts
A friend of mine picked one up on a trade, and installed the torque converter kit. That thing would boogie, man. He's probably 425lbs+ and it was screaming down town about 55. I rode it around his neighborhood and it was a blast.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were on sale last weekend for $499. So I had to jump on one and it really runs good for a little beater.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may soup it up later, but for now it's perfect for checking my game cameras, going to the mailbox, and just putting around on without shifting gears.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I work on a 50cc Baja scooter that a friend of mine owns. She doesn't have a car drivers license, so she's legal to ride one of these
around. Anyway, one weak point these bikes have is the (very) low grade of steel used in ALL the fasteners.
Do NOT over torque, or you WILL be snapping bolts. Every time I work on hers, I replace with good 10.9 (or 8.8
grade at the minimum.) bolts. Its like all of hers are made out of hardened play-dough.
Parts are crazy cheap for these bikes, that's the plus!
RickesssS in Oregon.

·
Registered
656 Posts
DSCN0321.JPG Yo guys: I have one for sale. South central Va. $350.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work on a 50cc Baja scooter that a friend of mine owns. She doesn't have a car drivers license, so she's legal to ride one of these
around. Anyway, one weak point these bikes have is the (very) low grade of steel used in ALL the fasteners.
Do NOT over torque, or you WILL be snapping bolts. Every time I work on hers, I replace with good 10.9 (or 8.8
grade at the minimum.) bolts. Its like all of hers are made out of hardened play-dough.
Parts are crazy cheap for these bikes, that's the plus!
RickesssS in Oregon.
My hardware is doing fine so far. Adjusted the chain, changed oil, checked tightness of everything, welds are good. Installed an hour meter and have 10 hrs on it now. No problems so far and I weigh 220. I've heard the older Baja mini bikes were made with lower quality metals.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
They sell these at Walmart a few blocks away. I'm tempted to go in with a small bottle of gas in my pocket, pour some in the tank, fire it up, and buzz around inside the store. Just like when I was in high school. My buddy and I ripped through the halls on our bikes. We had 2 guys holding the doors open on other end of the main hall. We both had RM125's. In front, down the main hall, right out the back into the woods. Yeah, I did a lot of crazy shit when I was young.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's funny Werloc! Just be sure to dump some oil into the engine too, wouldn't want it to sieze up with security chasing you...
I'd love to see the video of that! Maybe it'll make the news or the internet...
Logsplitter, yeah, "lower quality metal's" is an understatement. Next time I have it here to work on, I'd like to test a fastener
in a good nut, in my vice with a torque wrench and see what it snaps at, just for laughs.
She is having fairly good luck with the bike, I must say however, she does not ride it hard at all.
RicklesssS in Oregon

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have one that has been sitting in my shop for several years. I was just looking at it and my wife just had to say, " no you can't have that" without another thought I told the clerk to put it on the tab. I think that is the last time she has opened her mouth about what I can and cannot have lol. Oh well, she likes it now and the neighborhood kids have taken a ride on it. Only goes about 15 tops. I don't know about a torque converter, mine has a centrifugal clutch with a jackshaft to gear it down a bit.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Remove the govenor, and let that puppy rev....:D

I like the cheaper red one they have. More basic like my first minibike. This was my 3rd mini bike at 9 years old.

Proof that great minds stink alike. I had the same helmet ( Buco) and bubble shield combo!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts