TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do, Jerry here. I have a stock 2008 tw200 2500 miles exe cond cycle rack on back with large Givi topcase and Givi saddle bags. I'll also be throwing in a 125 (larger) tank not installed and a couple of Rotoplax tanks not installed. A price range would be a great help....thx -Jerry

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just seen a 2017 new on the floor for $3800. Couple 2010-2012's with 150 to 740 miles "asking" $2200 up to $2500 all like new. If you can get $2500 with the extra's I'd take it. This is in WI so I don't know if prices vary that much throughout the nation.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
NYC Tri-State Area... $2500 to $3000 with the added goodies.
Maybe sell the bike for $2500 and the extras separate?

·
Registered
912 Posts
A neighbor? A friend? If both "yes" -- $2,000.00 is a very good deal that you could feel good about. If he isn't that "close" $2,500.00 is very fair and you still get to feel good. Plus, if it blows up next summer, you can say, "No refund."

IMO $3,000.00 is too high even if you don't like the guy. Plus, if it blows up next summer he may want a refund or rebate. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just seen a 2017 new on the floor for $3800. Couple 2010-2012's with 150 to 740 miles "asking" $2200 up to $2500 all like new. If you can get $2500 with the extra's I'd take it. This is in WI so I don't know if prices vary that much throughout the nation.
On the left coast, a 2017 is about $4600, plus around $900 in dealer fees. I'd consider $3800 for a new TW to be a smokin deal, if you could really get it for that price.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
$2995 is retail on that so anything less is a deal I never sell to neighbors if 12 years go by and the clutch goes out they will still throw it back on you lol

WI and MI do seem to have some unusually cheap TW's and ROKON's on occasion
I’ve noticed quite a few “cheaper” TWs in WI too. But let’s not advertise that until I find a couple more for myself. I’ve inspected a few and some are ratted out and rarely had even the most basic maintenance done. Seems the farm bikes are good options. Most farmers I know maintain their stuff and can fix anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check out my ad on Facebook....since I'm a newbie I can't post links so you'll have to do a little work... plug in Park City UT Online Yard Sale in the FB search engine and you should be able to find it

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
Check out my ad on Facebook....since I'm a newbie I can't post links so you'll have to do a little work... plug in Park City UT Online Yard Sale in the FB search engine and you should be able to find it

Oh, I get it now. You're telling your significant other that you've listed your TW for sale on both the TW Forum and Facebook but secretly you don't want to sell it. Sort of like listing it for $10,000 dollars and say "look, honey, I have it for sale" knowing no one in their right mind would buy a TW for $10,000.

Yeah, I ain't good enough to find your post on FB. I know I suck at faceplant but I would've hoped to plug in your search words would have worked... I know some whippersnapper can find it probably in 5 seconds but I need to have my hand held the whole way. I was gonna try and post the link for you here if I could've found it but like I said, I suck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the windup Placerload had it right. I listed for 2900 and have two guys coming to see it. I think I can get close to that price. Thanks for all of your help. The pictures turned out great it's a very nicely equipped dub in excellent condition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts