TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, guns have been hurting paper for years.

For example, my PTR 91 (which I lost in a tragic ice fishing accident on Lake Mille Lacs) made these nasty holes at 100 yards with WOLF steel ammo and a Leopold 1x4 scope...how mean!

What holes have you come across?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Paper plate on an old empty refrigerator cardboard box; 30/06 jacketed boat tail; 1000 verified feet away; 3 out of 3 shots on paper; couldn't even see the plate and barely the box without the scope; in the Grand Junction, CO desert north of town; long long time ago; and no pics, sorry. Couldn't shoot my own foot nowadays; I'm over the hill; way over; end of story; and true.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Took my 8 year old son out again. He loves 300blk subsonic and really put a hurtin' on the paper.

In no time, he will be better than his old man. It is great to train gun safety and good habits at a young age.

I lost this rifle while on a cruise on Lake Superior.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I've killed my share of paper but for a few years enjoyed killing innocent clay pigeons. I was competing in local tournaments to do this dastardly act!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Lots of dead paper here and from many years as a WTO for the NY Prison system. I have a 50 yard target right out the back door and a nice bench set up so I can shoot any time I want to.

GaryL

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lots of dead paper here and from many years as a WTO for the NY Prison system. I have a 50 yard target right out the back door and a nice bench set up so I can shoot any time I want to.

GaryL
Nice - what a cool deal to have your own range.

Here are some-more holes. The one on top was my wife's first time shooting an AR-15 and her first time shooting a rifle in 7 years.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm jealous of people that can shoot in their own yard, I have to go 3 miles off-shore. It is added fun though, timing the waves and sight picture on my target.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wish I had a range at my residence but I have a great range nearby. The range provides all forms of pistol, rifle and shotgun shooting. This makes it fun to go there but it can be very busy at times.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Golly, do I ever enjoy letting cardboard breath a little better :p

Anyone ever use the new R.I.P. rounds? I purchased some in 9mm a few weeks back, but rather than test them, I'd rather hold onto them for emergencies.

What a great idea! -

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I'm tellin Hillary on you guys!
image.jpeg

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You looked very smooth / natural shooting and reloading that shot gun - nice!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts