TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to try a different shock for many years and when Jimbo rebuilt the front forks for me I new that the rear shock needed to go. I liked the Banshee shock and it's adjustments for my type of riding. First step was to make a shim because the TW spring is to short. I used two shock washers one on the top where it belongs and one on the bottom to keep the aluminum shim centered. It's on the bike and I will give a ride report later.

Ronnydog

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice! I have a banshee shock with the heavier procycle spring. I like it a lot. I'm using a heavy piece of pvc for the spacer...until I can find something else that will work better. Wish I had access to a machine shop!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have a banshee shock with a full length custom weight racetech spring ($119) that is just the tits. Has loads of travel and custom to my weight and riding habits. Feels like a different bike altogether. The daamper adjusting knob bumps the airbox at full compression, but other than that its just great.

·
Registered
493 Posts
With the Banshee shock the rear is really tall right? How does that change the handling? Is the front sketchy at speed?

·
Registered
30 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts