TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading all that i can on shocks (i think), i cruised on over to ebay to see how much a banshee shock would be. Seems like $100-$200 Is the going rate depending on wear. I also noticed there are some new chinese replacements that look pretty sweet for cheap money. Any experience with these?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The most important thing with a banished shock is that you absolutely need a heavier custom spring for it. I ran a stock spring and would bottom out rubbing the tire on the plastic about 200 times in a normal ride. Its about 120 dollars from racetech. Get the heaviest one they offer. Don't waste money on a Chinese shock when you're going to needs an American spring!

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input! One of the things i had read was the the stock spring would work with a spacer. Id assume cause it would add some preload. Im about 190 without any gear on, which stiffness did you get?
Thanks

·
Registered
853 Posts
I can't remember the weightbit it was the heaviest one they make. I tried forloading the banished spring bjt it was not even close. I'm same wdighf as you and just sitting on the bike would use like 80 percent of the travel

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts