TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that drink beer, especially craft beers, you know that most specialty Brews are quite costly, and run about twice or more the price of your everyday American Lager Beer....

I'm not a big fan of Sam Adams, they have become way too large and for the most part mass produce too many types in large batches...other breweries like Leinenkugel have done likewise...so usually I go to smaller brewers which produce better tasting{IMO} and smaller batches.....the one exception being SA's "Winter Lager", which along with Thirsty Dog Brewery's "12 Dogs of Christmas" seasonal ale are my favorite Winter Brews....anyway, yesterday I was out at WallyWorld and spotted the SA Winter Lager 12 Long Necks for $7.99??? the usual rate is $17.99...well I figured it was a mistake and still picked up a 12 pack....rang up at $7.99, well Hell, you will never see that mistake often, somebody obviously plugged it into the computer wrong....and no fool am I, their pain is my gain...so this morning after voting, I headed back out, and filled my cart with 3 cases...for less than $50....so I'm set until Christmas at least....giving myself a little Winter Warm~Up at a price I will not likely see again.

:D

Part of My Stash of Winter Lager in the Garage....

Beer Mistake 001.JPG

and my other fav winter brew, 12 Dogs out of Akron, Ohio

Twelve Dogs.jpg

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi Hoot: Only 3 Cases?

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Hoot: Only 3 Cases?
3 1/2 cases since yesterday, that's all they had on display....lol otherwise I would have carted more :icon_shaking2:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess I have peasant tastes. Just like old Rolling Rock.
Drank gallons of that stuff when at Ohio University...that and Falstaff was about all we could afford in our college days...:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
HEY!!!! The Rock ain't cheap. Well not that cheap anyway. We drank Red, White and Blue and Edelweiss both Wisconsin brews. Had to drink them fast. The carbonation only lasted 1.5 minutes after opening.:) My old man was a Carling's Black Label guy. Cheap SOG! I used to like Strohs. Good Detroit brew. Jeez maybe some of the old man's fiscal characteristics rubbed off. I do drink cheap beer.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In Vietnam about the only beers we could get, at least at my first base, Nha Trang, was Carling BL and Pabst{PBR} since I drank them as a teen in Ohio with the drinking age for 3.2 Beer was 18, I didn't mind them....but looking back, some of that s**t we drank as kids was Rot Gut to the Nth degree.....:help:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And then there is this John Wayne "Coors Light" commercial....do you recognize "Gunnie" as the TI... he was .a bit less grey back when they put this one together...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts