TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the atv bars from Procycle that give me about 2" of rise and after some long trail rides I think 2 more inches up would be about right.

I'm at the limit of my throttle cables and brake line.

Where can I get longer throttle cables and has anyone worked out the correct length?

I think I'll need longer brake lines too and has anyone worked out the correct length and routing for a new SS line?

Maybe clutch cable too?

I know someone out there has already perfected this upgrade!

·
Super Moderator
18,931 Posts
I have the same bars and with a little rerouting I was able to get 1 1/2 inch risers on it also, but that's it. Anything more than that and you have to go with longer cables.

Reactions: drstimpy

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you flip throttle cables?
What did you do to stock brake line?
Thanks!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,931 Posts
It's been a few years since it was done, but I think I only had to reroute one cable around the triple tree a bit. Nothing else. I wanted more rise also, but find that an inch and a half is good enough, considering the cost of new cables, etc. I will say however that if I turn the bars to the extreme right, it will pull on the throttle a bit, so as long as you are aware of that when the bike is running, you're ok. There may be a difference in how much you can get away with if you have an old style or new style carb, but I do not have any info on that. Hope this helps. I'd try it first before you go buy cables. :)

You might consider cutting off an inch from the ends of the bars too. That will help a little. I don't remember if I did that on mine, but others have.

Reactions: drstimpy

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the moose hi bars and 3/4" spacers on mine. I had to reroute the brake and clutch cable. Throttle cables were/are fine. No issues lock to lock but are close to max at lock. Just enough slack to feel ok about it.

My guess is that if you went up two more inches you would need longer cables. Only way to know is to do it. MotionPro and Barnetts and a few others make custom cable lengths. You can also take your stock ones to a local auto shop that does brakes and get them to make you a set 2"-3" longer. If needed of course.

Either someone has already done it and will come along and with answers or keep us posted with your results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts