TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know next to nothing about basketball. My son landed a job with the Golden State Warriors recently that allows him tickets to all events at the stadium. He's a director of some sort. I guess the team made it to the finals, sorta like the world series in baseball. He's asked if I'd like to go to game 3 and 4 at their home venue in Oakland. *Games 1 and 2 will be at the competitor's stadium) I like spending time with him, so of course I said yes, but I don't know much about basketball other than playing HORSE back in high school. Any advice from those who know the sport what to pay attention to?

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
My wife is the director of marketing for her company and gets free box seat tickets to both Mets baseball and Jets football games all the time. The games are all at least a 2 hour+ drive from home and to be honest, if I even wanted to watch them it is more comfortable from my couch in my living room. If I were you I would go to spend the time with your son and not have a care at all about the game you apparently have little interest in anyway.

GaryL

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is a very impressive your son got a job like that I bet you are very proud. The warriors have been one of the best teams in basketball for the last 5 or so years. My advice would be go to spend time with your son and root for the warriors to win. Each game is about 2 and a half hours long. There will be plenty of energy in the stadium and should definitely be an experience. Have fun tickets to games like that few and far between.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You gotta go if for no other reason than to spend time with your son and see him at his work. I agree you should start watching the games. But just go and have fun. The world-class players are really something to see in person.

I’m a Milwaukee Bucks fan and I’m hoping we can make it to the finals to play your son’s team.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Wear a GSW color if you own something, cheer when crowd cheers, don't put too much focus on the game, just enjoy the time with your son. My 2 cents. I like some sports, but NBA basketball is NOT one of them. I do however enjoy any time with my son and would put that all aside and just enjoy the time with him.

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
If they have cheerleaders and beer then that’s all you need to know. Except for the bathroom location which was already mentioned but you should put special emphasis on bathroom locations.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
If they have cheerleaders and beer then that’s all you need to know. Except for the bathroom location which was already mentioned but you should put special emphasis on bathroom locations.
That's probably because the beer they serve is Bud. IMO Bud is a two hands beer, one to hold the beer and the other to hold your pisser.:eek:ccasion14::pottytrain5:

GaryL

·
Registered
166 Posts
Some great advice here. :p

If you didn't grow up playing basketball, it will be more difficult to get how good these athletes are. Listen to your son, he will fill you in on the game intricacies. Huge pride for him teaching you, and you learning from him. Take note on who the splash bothers are....LOL, I couldn't resist that one. Good times and congrats.

Now go ride your TW after you watch the GSW's spank the competition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts