TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, it's another thread about batteries. almost. does anyone north of the 49 have a source for buying batteries for the TW? I'm looking for an AGM or gel, but they seem very scarce in BC, like there aren't any. the closest one is in Calgary and a week to deliver at a cost of $110 plus tax. too much and too slow. all I can come up with is the stock wet cell for $65. any body have any suggestions

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we are headed to moab in 2 weeks, but I don't want anything wrong with the bike before we leave and I don't like to go shopping while towing the trailer in unfamiliar territory

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Understandable, but to save big bucks, you might consider getting one on the way. Just charge it before using it if that is possible on the road. You're going to have a blast in Moab bro. :p
we are headed to moab in 2 weeks, but I don't want anything wrong with the bike before we leave and I don't like to go shopping while towing the trailer in unfamiliar territory

·
Registered
343 Posts
Had I seen this, I would have yelled "Fortnine!"
I've bought a bunch of things from them and been happy with their pricing and free shipping after $49
I bought the BikeMaster AGM Platinum II Battery - MS12-7C-A for $74.10.

I feel your 'North Of The Border' buying and shipping pain. I've been happy with Fortnine....check them next time.
They also have some good videos and reviews. I especially like the fact that they have videos like "The top 10 under-priced motorcycle products." and don't just hawk their top-dollar stuff.
Speaking of their under-priced video, one of the items was the Z1R goatskin gloves. I added those in with my battery....very nice.....

Sorry you had to get a wet battery....I live in a decent sized city, and after calling the dealers and battery stores in town, everybody had a wet cell but nobody could even offer me an AGM battery, let alone lithium. Tried to support local, they don't seem to want to take my money.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dam, i knew i should have waited one more day. i did check fort nine, but they didn't list any battery but the wet one for a Tdub, and they shipped it dry and then the hassle to get it filled

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not that it will help you now, but if you search the site for YB7C-A, it'll bring up the wet, AGM, and Gel options for that battery.
Can likely find it a bit cheaper online but shipping to Canada, customs issues...and if you ever need warranty, at least you'll be able to find FortNine in 3 months from now.

Wow...the TW34 is 33% off, $138 CAN.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts