TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are few things in this life that I have coveted: my first car (a 1974 Karmann Ghia convertible--wish I still had it), my Martin guitar (0016ny--1976--still have), my 1988 Suzuki Samurai (wish I still had it), my 2003 Honda Rancher, Olive (still have) and a Yamaha tw200.

I'll be 62 one month from today; I'm a woman; I'm an artist; I built my own house here on the coast of Maine. I've lived in about fifty places from the midwest to Alaska to California.

My first "cycle" was a Honda CT70 which I got when I was in college (had a couple more since) and, in the mid-seventies, in Chicago, I had a Harley Davidson 250 on/off-road bike.

In high school, my sister's boyfriend and I rode the power-line trails and woods in Michigan--first on a Honda 160, later on a Honda 305 Scrambler. Sometimes he'd give me the key and a dollar for gas so that he could stay home and make-out with my sister, Pretty Looey, in the stairwell. Win-win.

I've been coveting a tw200 for years now, mentioned it to a friend who said, "Oh, I think that might be what I have in my garage," we checked, sure enough and next thing you know I was begging for first refusal rights if she were ever to sell it. She is! She will!

So, I'm soon to take delivery of a 2006 in near-showroom condition with only 2056 miles on it.

We have over 6000 miles of trails in Maine.

Be still, my heart.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
That was easily the most succinct and eloquent first post ever writ.

That, and the fact that some of the bikes mentioned still bring a tear to me one good eye...

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'm surprised how much we have in common.My wife and I own 06 dubs. I'm 62, live in mich. and my wife and I will be coming out your way in july for a month or so to explore maine with the dubs............... Welcome aboard. OMM.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a nice thing to say, thank you.

(Gosh, if you liked that and what with the one bleary eye, wait 'til you hear my music!).

I think I'm going to like it here!

Pat, pat, pat. Pull up a seat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm surprised how much we have in common.My wife and I own 06 dubs. I'm 62, live in mich. and my wife and I will be coming out your way in july for a month or so to explore maine with the dubs............... Welcome aboard. OMM.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neato!

I was living in Clare when I was doing the riding I mentioned.

As for Maine, Mud Season is beginning to wane (the trails open May 15th), so they ought to be in great shape for your trip in July.

When it's nearer the time, let me know and, if you'd like, I'll show your wife and you around a bit.

I don't eat anything with eyes (other than potatoes), but there are three lobster boats just outside my window and down a bit and, once they start bringing in their catch, they're only a few dollars each...(unfortunately, for the lobstermen).

Worse, still, for the lobster.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, gosh, thank you. Nice.

Writing's always been cathartic for me. And gratifying.

There've been times when I haven't known what I thought or felt until I'd seen what I'd written.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I had to look up some of the big words but Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see some pictures of you ripping up the Maine country side. Well treading lightly

1 - 20 of 73 Posts