TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I posted about running my dogs with the bike. Sure they are a hassle sometimes, shedding, hard on vehicles interiors, can't leave without them, poop in the yard, bark at strangers,etc, etc... But early this morning as I was refilling bird feeders my older sleepy-eyed dog wandered out of house only to warm me of an absolutely enormous black bear 30 feet behind me. A really big guy who my loyal pooch was only too happy to run off. Good Dog!
I don't fear the bears but it was nice to have loyal dog guarding my back. Might have to have BBQ steak tonight to both tease bear with meaty aroma drifting across canyon and to give that dog a bone .
And just so you don't think I am just crazy about dogs I also took my three cats for a half mile walk in the woods today.

Reactions: Adam-n-nevada

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Grass fed bone-in New York strips all around. Spoiled as usual, but beef gives the older one terrible gas, might make good bear repellent though..

Happy Trails

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dogs say " Thank you, Borneo" uploadfromtaptalk1398032149111.jpg Photo taken just now on H2O break 5 miles.from home..

Happy Trails

Reactions: old white truck

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am laughing now, your dog too hot?

Happy Trails

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
OK, Grass fed bone-in New York strips all around. Spoiled as usual, but beef gives the older one terrible gas, might make good bear repellent though..

Happy Trails
You think beef gives dogs terrible gas, just imagine what dog does to us bears.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
287 Posts
As much time as I have spent in the woods hunting, I have only seen 3 wild bears in my life and that was all at the same time. I was riding my TW awhile back when I came across a Black Bear and 2 cubs. I was actually stupid enough to shut my motor off. The mother was pretty small but she had cubs and could have torn me a new one. My riding buddy told me to hurry and crank up as the bear had frozen and was staring at me. My buddy pulled out a Glock pistol from his pocket and put it in his waistband. After that, I started packing whenever I go to the woods.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fantastic photo

Happy Trails

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Good to see your dogs earning their keep! I've only seen two bears while riding and only for a second. One while riding quads at Forest hill OHV and the other while riding with JoeMama in his area/backyard.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's a buffalo that the bear is chasing. Go to Bing images and type in grizzly chasing buffalo in Yellowstone. It's a heck of a story.

·
Registered
186 Posts
How many more Bear jokes can a Bear bear?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts