TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since we seem to want to move away from politics, thought I would throw out something folks on both the right and left might enjoy.....now some of you are non drinkers, and non smokers...so my advice to you is to avoid this thread...that way you won't get upset that we might discuss things you don't like....:rolleyes:

In addition to the Stanley Cup Playoffs..{both of my teams, the Philly Flyers and young Columbus Blue Jackets are down 3 games to 2 at this point in their opening series}...and my college and Baseball umpire work, I enjoy sitting outside this time of the year, smoking a hand rolled Cigar and downing a couple of brews...and I am no rich boy Beer or Cigar snob...but I do have favorites in each category...Hard Booze...not so much, but I do enjoy a Drambuie on the Rocks with a good cigar, or a shot of homemade Moonshine with fruit flavor at our Vietnam Reunion in Kokomo in the month of September.

Cigars: My All Time favorite runs about $12 bucks a stick, and I don't partake often{to damn expensive}, they are Don Carlos #2which is a Torpedo, and Acid Blondie smokes, at about $6 per stick I really enjoy...however my everyday{I only smoke outside, usually during warm weather} are Indian Tabac Classic Torpedos, at about $2 each...but I will try about any quality hand rolled smoke....and Cigar Fans out there...we are talking good hand rolled stuff.

Beers: Hey I will drink Miller Lite by the case on a hot summer weekend...but I like good craft beer best...among my favorites are Winter Ale, the best IMO called "12 Dogs of Christmas", brewed out of Akron, Ohio...I enjoy Fat Tire Amber Ale by New Belgium, also a good Guinness Extra Stout can also be found in my garage refrig....and anytime I can find a 6 pack of Sam Adams "Winter Lager" I will pick it up.....

So, what's your favs, if you partake?

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I like my IPA'S over 6% alc if it is under 6% what is the point all I do is get up and pee all night! not a smoker but did get some hand made ones in Honduras one time this old guy had a table set up in the bar you picked out your leaf and he made it to order.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I am not good with Whiskey or Tequila I start out ok and then drink it like Beer and then BOOM! I fall into the bathtub.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Beers I prefer to be 9-10 Alcohol. Belgian Ale or Barley Wine.
I tend towards single malt scotches. Glenfiddich is one.
Haven't smoked since High School

·
Registered
186 Posts
Chimay is great.
My own homebrew currently in kegs or fermenter are
10 gal. of Stout in fermenter
5 gal. of American Pale Ale...dry hopped.
4 gal. of Apricot Ale
5 gal. of Belgian Strong Ale...awaiting bottling.
1 gal. of Porter in bottles

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I am a very bad boy. Labatt's Blue is my beer and Jose Cuervo gold tequila is my evening cocktail. I really enjoy Johnny Walker Black and I stuff my own filtered tubes with Criss Cross pipe tobacco. I do enjoy a big fat cigar when I am out on my boat fishing but must admit, the stinkier the better to keep the bugs away. I never go to a bar or pub because that requires a long drive home.

Wish I knew you last summer Hoot. A very satisfied customer who's kitchen I re did gave me a box of Cuban Cohiba cigars. His wife is Cuban and her family has something to do with that company. I gave most of them away and the few I did smoke were probably wasted since I am not a conisuier. A friend put the empty labeled wood box they came in on EBay and it sold for $35.

GaryL

·
Registered
184 Posts
alyways start fishing season with a cuban,good for blackflies.i'm a canuck ,beer is in our blood,labats most of the time,had to cut back due to diabetis,but still enjoy a cold wobbly pop once in a while.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love the Responses....:cool:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I enjoy a wee dram of Bushmills Irish whiskey on occasion, if I drink a beer it's a Fat Tire. After watching my Dad go through chemo this winter and have half is tongue removed because of cancer from cigars, I have no use for them.
Cigars are meant to be used on occasion...you have to name your life poison...I smoke perhaps between 30 and 50 per year....but I get your drift. I have had way too many family members who were old school and smoked cigarettes for too many years, an it didn't end well...nothing is safe, but moderation in both the use of Cigars and Alcohol, is something I have come to enjoy....but understand those that don't partake.

Reactions: Pass Man

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Gave up drinking years ago, but do enjoy a homegrown handrolled everyday. For medical reasons of course.
:D

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I knew that would get a response or two. ha ha, but to answer your question, homegrown weed.

Alcohol verses Weed?

Comments welcome.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Stopped drinking long ago as I'm allergic to alcohol--it makes me really stupid. However, I will sometimes crave a cold bottle of Bud with a good pizza or good pulled pork with a tomato-based sauce, or a long neck Lone Star with bbq beef.

As for cigars, I have a friend named Padrón with a jonesing for good sipping whiskey. We do a little swap every Christmas. I have no idea what Padróns are worth, but some are good and some are better, and some are just to strong for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I knew that would get a response or two. ha ha, but to answer your question, homegrown weed.

Alcohol verses Weed?

Comments welcome.
i've never tried it .but have no problem with medical pot .it's proven to work well for a lot of conditions.better than a bunch of chemicals from drug companys that have warning labels four pages long. some people abuse the privelige of a pot permit which isn't fair to the ones who realy need it.my neighbour had her car rearended by such a person ,he said he had a pot permit. she said he reaked of it. sad part was he said he was on his way to pick up his kids

·
Registered
186 Posts
True Wildcat. After watching my dad with stage 4 cancer become a pharmaceutical pin cushion, I've decided if I ever get the Big C I'm trying MMJ as it has a good success rate on cancer. Look up Rick Simpson Oil if you ever want to see an alternative to chemo. Little Tommy, more power to you for finding something that helps you with you health issues.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
This all goes directly to my political views. I don't honestly care what poison any of us care to partake in as long as you do what you do in the privacy of your own home or where no other person is placed in danger from your activities. My garden tractor came with a bottle holder that perfectly fits a beer and on my property is about as far as I drink and drive. I fully respect others who do the same with their chosen poisons and I fully believe the roads are not our private play grounds. Other than that, roll em if you got em, pop em if you pop and enjoy your drinks all you want where ever it is safe. It is not my job or the governments to dictate what we do with our own bodies in the privacy of our own lives. All Sin taxes IMHO are nothing more than Taxation without representation!

GaryL

1 - 20 of 157 Posts