1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Fall and Winter, while not my favorite riding, or outdoor times of the year{well at least winter isn't} are my favorite Craft Beer times.....after working a game last night, and then a JV game this morning, I kicked back with a couple of Autumn Oktoberfest Brews out of the Great Lakes Brewing Company in Cleveland....they make several great craft beers, especially in the fall and winter:

GL Oktoberfest.png

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My local grocery store has a local craft beer only cooler and AZ is a big state I love it.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Okay, Hoot, you can have mine today, but tomorrow is ZD's turn. Being in Tennessee, I have to suggest something besides beer, but in the same vein of a fine craft product, so: Four Roses Small Batch 2013 Limited Edition. Some neighbors just picked up a case at the distillery for my annual Christmas mailing to my favorite cigar makers. One hand washes the other.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have fought the Devil for almost 50 years, but a good Tennessee Whiskey, is hard to resist. I tend to the Kentucky's, but Tennessee Small Batch(or special small batch, no matter the state, not Cal.obviously) is the best, but can't afford. More on line every day. Not good for me.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Despite the stigma of drinking cheap, but potent beer, I have found after spending lots of money over the years on drinks, that on "low class" brews, one of the best is brewed in Texas. "Steel Reserve". Owned by the Miller operation this is an incredibly cheap, incredibly good(for an under priced, regularly priced beer). While I guess it is considered a Malt Liquor, it is smooth and I suggest that you use caution on downing a 6-pak 16oz. Enjoy.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The Rose was $360 for a case of 6 5ths, and I got a deal through a friend who owes me. Yes, it is expensive, but it's for sniffing and sipping, not chugging and puking. Nothing better than a premium craft bourbon whiskey on the rocks and a Family Reserve cigar on a loess bluff overlooking the sun setting on Missouri with the occasional wafting of a thick rib eye steak seared over coals of scaly-barked hickory piled around a white potato and an ear of field corn. If there is a better conclusion to a day's ride, I've not experienced it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
All I can add to that, is just shoot(bad choice of words. I.E. knock offender up side of said head and ask what the heck are you thinking. Something I need on a regular basis). whoever tries to add coke, gingerale or even water to a special brew. Neat or on the rocks only.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
We have "Black dragon" brewery here in Woodland and heard some rumors that another brewery might open up right across the street from where I work. That might make my walk home with dog "Izzy" take a little longer....:D. Micro breweries are popping up all over the sacramento valley and I do my best to visit everyone of them. On the way home after helping Admiral put in his replacement engine a few weekends ago stopped at "out of bounds" brewery in Rocklin right off interstate 80. Really nice place and plan to visit every time after a fred/adam in Nevada ride.....

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
QWERTY,

Wow. Wonderful word crafting, I could see it all. Alas, try as I might I still can't taste it:mad:

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts