TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I fab my own, which I still may do, but would like to have options and ideas, has anyone here found any kickstand/sidestand expansion feet that fit directly on the TW200 stock stand foot? There are only ~million options on fleBay but would prefer not to trial and error endlessly. Any feedback or links to confirmed fits would be appreciated. Anything to help surface area of stand in soft conditions besides finding rocks and wood would be appreciated. Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
ditto on the kickstand, though mine isn't as pretty.

mr mama does nice work.

·
Registered
805 Posts
No photo but I found the kick stand to be a bit short, bike leaned over too far, so I welded on a washer, then to that I mounted a hockey puck with three nut/bolts. Worked pretty good. Later I replaced the whole kick stand arm with one off a TTR250. That was better since the bike both stood up straighter and I didn't keep hanging up on the puck when I'd drag a leg. I did extend the spring as it was now a little short to reach the frame hole it goes in. I took a nail and bent it into a loop. That worked!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I didn't like how far my bike leaned over either. With my bum legs, I have to mount the bike by first stepping on the left peg. I almost tipped the bike over before I started from scratch and made a complete different stand. The bike now stands almost straight up.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
Drilling and bolting on a foot allows some flexibility compared to welding. Bigger footprint sure helps in soft stuff. Current bolted plate has turned uo edges and has silicone pad on bottom for traction on rock. Last comercial model I saw got destroyed on a buddy’s bike on our last group easy ride so I recommend a minimal investment.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Round might be a bit safer for trail riding since feet and ankles can make contact....wouldn’t want you to be leaking any precious bodily fluids after a spill.
We think alike. IF this worked, which it most definitely did not, the intention was to round it all out on the grinder. Anyhow, solved now. See next post.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Attempt number 2 (Success) -

Here is my successful attempt #2. Tractor Supply and my welder...done. Bought a big grade 8 thick washer, welded it to stand and painted it quick with some left over Rustoleum.

View attachment 187024

View attachment 187026

Done. Thanks all for the idea!

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
Thanks for the understanding of my "rounder is better" post. Afterwards I felt it might be construed as more critical than helpful, which was not my intention.

Of note is an older design once featured on the Honda Reflex unsold trials bikes re-made into Dual Sport bikes: The side stand featured a stiff rubber finger parallel to the side stand shaft that would spread out in soft stuff increasing surface area of contact thus limiting sinking into mud, sand and snow. Once folded up for riding the rubber finger lay flat against the metal portion of the side stand...very clever, very effective. reflex.jpg

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks for the understanding of my "rounder is better" post. Afterwards I felt it might be construed as more critical than helpful, which was not my intention.

Of note is an older design once featured on the Honda Reflex unsold trials bikes re-made into Dual Sport bikes: The side stand featured a stiff rubber finger parallel to the side stand shaft that would spread out in soft stuff increasing surface area of contact thus limiting sinking into mud, sand and snow. Once folded up for riding the rubber finger lay flat against the metal portion of the side stand...very clever, very effective. View attachment 187038
Fred got me checking and I found a Reflex very close and priced well for it's condition. If I didn't have this boat-anchor TW200 POS, I'd be on a road trip right now to get it!
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/d/1987-honda-tlr200-reflex/6759116350.html

(Just kidding about the smack talk. The TW is fine. )

250 Original miles!!! Look at the pictures, it's in amazing condition. Price is firm, only selling to fund another project. Starts first kick. Street legal trials bike. 650 533 six722 Jason. Calls and text only.

Click to enlarge the photos. It's well worth it to look at the detail of this bike. Showroom condition and then some!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Holy moley, that's a beauty!

I'm surprised Placerlode isn't on the road to pick it up (or... maybe he is)!

When I was a teenager (riding a Trail 90), I wanted a Reflex so bad, I could taste it!

This is sooo tempting to me! But, it's just not the right time. :(

·
Registered
805 Posts
Holy moley, that's a beauty!

I'm surprised Placerlode isn't on the road to pick it up (or... maybe he is)!

When I was a teenager (riding a Trail 90), I wanted a Reflex so bad, I could taste it!

This is sooo tempting to me! But, it's just not the right time. :(
I've spent a butt-load on Christmas gifts already, what he's asking alone on a ring for my wife, so really not the right time for me. I guess I could rationalize it as an investment and not ride it.... right. Like that's gonna happen!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts