TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too long, do not read... Please forgive my rudeness. I have been lurking here for awhile and finally jumped in and blindly posted several times without properly introducing myself. In my own defense, on February 16th when I introduced myself on this new forum that matched my new bike, I posted my introduction over on that other, less active TW forum. I thought I was here but I wasn't.

This seems like a polite and respectable forum. May I join in?

Yesterday was my 66th birthday and the Boss gave me a 2018 TW200. Long time street rider, I gave it up when we sold our Honda Valkyrie some 12 or 13 years ago. I love the street and always put on a ton of miles in all weather, but it seems like I could never stop driving like a fighter pilot and was worried that all that good luck would run out all over the pavement.

So every year I go through the same withdrawal. I tried the Honda Trail 110 gig to see if I could limit my top speed using horsepower lack and it seemed to work just fine. The only problem is that it was a Honda 110. So now I am taking the plunge into motorcycledom that may keep myself and the folks who love me happy.

We bought the bike a week ago but I told the Wife that I didn't want to spoil my birthday for her by riding it before the big day. The big day and that first ride was great. Can't wait to head out for a day or three of logging roads to the coast.

In a few weeks I expect to blacksmith larger footpegs and I have some ideas for a rack and bag guards.

Here is the past...

Here is the future...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the little bike! I am into it about 1500 miles and have started to set it up the way I want. Bigger footpegs, the right mirrors, handlebar extensions, rear bag, tank bag, lithium battery, LED headlight, handguards, new front tire and I am waiting patiently for this... Acerbis Fuel tank for Yamaha XT600 95-02 5.3gal 2197950001

Here is how it looks today...

But there is always a but somewhere, isn't there? But I couldn't leave well enough alone. I want a softer seat and I want fuel injection. So I just sent the check for this thing that I saw on Facebook Marketplace. It'sa 2019 with 138 miles...

The Wife has us quarantined and won't let me drive 5 hours into California to pick it up, but the guy said he wasn't in any hurry to use that chunk of the garage, so who knows if I'll ever ride it.

So, now the question is, can I sell the TW200 and still stay here at this forum or do I have to keep it. I am making the huge assumption that I will like the VanVan and keep it

·
Registered
155 Posts
Both of those VanVan features are definitely lacking with the TW. I'll be curious to get your honest opinion on how they compare.
What part of Oregon?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I love the little bike! I am into it about 1500 miles and have started to set it up the way I want. Bigger footpegs, the right mirrors, handlebar extensions, rear bag, tank bag, lithium battery, LED headlight, handguards, new front tire and I am waiting patiently for this... Acerbis Fuel tank for Yamaha XT600 95-02 5.3gal 2197950001

Here is how it looks today...

But there is always a but somewhere, isn't there? But I couldn't leave well enough alone. I want a softer seat and I want fuel injection. So I just sent the check for this thing that I saw on Facebook Marketplace. It'sa 2019 with 138 miles...

The Wife has us quarantined and won't let me drive 5 hours into California to pick it up, but the guy said he wasn't in any hurry to use that chunk of the garage, so who knows if I'll ever ride it.

So, now the question is, can I sell the TW200 and still stay here at this forum or do I have to keep it. I am making the huge assumption that I will like the VanVan and keep it
There's a great bunch of guys here that have ridden and still ride all kinds of bikes. You can stay on the forum for the fun but there won't be much support for your bike other than everybody's general knowledge. That would still be very helpful to you. Enjoy whichever bike you keep and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
155 Posts
No, I just saw the plate on the Toyota. I spent a couple decades in Hillsboro along with time in eastern Washington and Oregon. I'm in SW Idaho now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They're small. She might not even notice.

·
Registered
20,182 Posts
I like log houses, Toyotas and all kinds of motorcycles so I wish you a belated Happy 66th Birthday and a hearty welcome.
I vote to keep both bikes and encourage the Boss to ride one.
Not sure if the 5.3 gallon tank will work. Acerbis's 4+ gallon XT tank can work with very minor modifications. I and a few others have the smaller 4+ gallon Acrbis tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts