TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some bar risers . What are the best that give you at least 1" or 2 " would be best ? I would like to not have to change throttle cables and controls. Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
I went with 0.6 in. It was enough for me. 1.2 in. would be O. K. But anymore I'd switch to Pro Taper bars. I might anyways.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's really what I would like but I don't know any machinist. Did you have to lenghthen your controls and how much rise does yours have ?

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Best is subjective depending on what criterion(s) you value most. Lowest price, most versatile, best quality,Black, polished or satin aluminum finish? Certainly all the commercial 2" risers seem to work with stock cable lengths with sometimes a little re-routing required depending on hand guard installation. There are a few styles that can be rotated to change fore and aft location of the bars. I would suggest you peruse multiple listings on Amazon for handlebar risers to get familiar with prices and styles that suit you.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
With the ProTaper bars from ProCycle, you do NOT have to change any cables.
Even with ProTaper bars, I was able to get in another 1 1/2 in risers too without much difficulty.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
A few months old, but did you have any issues with cable length, or need to re-route cables?
No problems what so ever with the length, and no need to re-route anything. While the Mayflower is in dry dock, I actually moved the bar risers to the new TW shortly after I got it and there wasn't any problems on the new TW either.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well said! Seen 'em for $15 up to $150 and beyond. It would be nice if someone made them with a great finish and some vibration dampening that was around $7 lol

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I installed these Rox 2 inch risers on my 06 today. They fit perfect cables and all. I am extreamly pleased in every aspect. I also have better vision with my mirrors. I give these risers a 10

image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
I was able to go 1 5/8 with risers and Pro Taper bars as well, no problems.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts