TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Which TW, 2003, 2008 or 2013?

I strongly prefer AGM (no liquid to spill, higher static voltage at 12.8, versus 12.6, handles vibration better than lead-acid)

I think Yuasa YTZ7-S will fit the later years.

If replacing a YB7C-A, you will need some padding, as the AGM is slightly smaller.

A clone is stocked at my local O'Reillys as an ETZ7-S

https://www.oreillyauto.com/search?q=etz7s

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
AGM replacement for "wet", no brainer:

IMG_5056.JPG

Even if it comes (I ordered on-line) with a charge the recommendation is to fully charge it before installation & use.
IMG_5057.JPG

Might be a bit of a difference between the "wet" and AGM. Imagining the same for the guys that go Lithium (even smaller and much lighter).
IMG_5074.JPG

Always make sure you fill the void(s) in the battery compartment. Don't want any battery to be moving around at all while you are riding. I used UHMW but solid rubber blocks would work too.
A member here filled in this area with small containers that had compartments for small tools/fuses/tire valves/etc. Like the type you'd find at The Container Store.
Really among one of the best simple ideas I've seen posted here. I saved pictures of it but couldn't find.
IMG_5279.JPG

·
Registered
7,147 Posts

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
I bought two of these because the battery in one of my TW's was starting to give me problems so I figured the other wasn't far behind. Wonder of wonders the battery that wouldn't hold a charge for more than a day all of a sudden works perfectly and I have two new batteries sitting on the shelf.

https://www.batterysharks.com/SigmasTek-STZ7S-p/STZ7S_M12-6-130-D.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQiAh_DTBRCTARIsABlT9MZcur1AeS9uVWAZjn-jjD_CLfFgNV2iL91I1435r3HNgsdMXa6D0YsaArVfEALw_wcB

and inexpensive to boot! Of course when I need one I'll not remember you're link or that I put it into my favorites in my browser.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Without a doubt, Battery Tender Lithium batteries have saved me a crapload of money in the long run.

With all of the 12v rider bikes having them except for the RE5 and the MB5, I can store bikes for YEARS and not worry about them.
The TW has a Neutrino, and that drains the battery. All I do on that one bike is remove the negative wire and I'm done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts