Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odd but fun.
HMMM! What did you see that is Odd? I saw Honda showing the progression of all their products over the years in a very cool way and can't possibly imagine the man hours that went into producing that video clip.

GaryL

·
Registered
762 Posts
Very imaginative and clever.

Yet, somehow, the most colorful products...come from their Japanese neighbors.

What's the Honda equivalent to the TW? To the Suzuki V-Strom? No, the CB500F isn't a competitor. Does Honda still make their parallel twins with 180-degree throws...so that the rider gets the bla-blat, bla-blat shake?

Suzuki, in its Burgman 650 (and maybe other products) had their parallel twins with 360-degree staggered firing. Both pistons went up and down side-by-side...left, right, left, right, even firing pattern.

With balancing shafts, the Burgman twin was velvety smooth.

Even when they think outside the box, they seem to be missing the mark. The retro CB1100...SO close to a ten-ring hit. Had they smoothed out that air-cooled four with balance shafts...would have been great. But the Honda engineers WANTED that old-time vibration. I didn't - and that's why the CB went away.

I wish Honda well; but they have to start being more than just staid and reliable. They have to make products people WANT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts