TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I recently ordered some universal fit Moose hand guards for Poquito that weren't ever gonna fit, so I returned them. Can anyone point me in the direction of some hand guards I can just throw on without a hassle? The top bar of the handle bar was the issue with the ones I returned.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m new to TW200’s, but just researched this. It seems that a lot end up with the tusk d-flex, they should be around $50. Many liked the bark busters too.

My d-flex arrived yesterday so I have not tried to install them yet, but it appears pretty straight forward watching the various online videos. Just look at what you are ordering, for some reason they named all of their product line d-flex. Some are just plastic guards to keep mud off, some have the full support aluminum bar.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Those Tusk look good. My genuine Acerbis fit too. Rally Pro X I think was the model.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I got Acerbis Rally Pro knock offs from ebay and replaced the bar end inserts with acerbis brand ones. They fit well and I like them enough now that once they're gotten worn I could justify the expense of the brand name ones next.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,405 Posts
The tusk also can be had with no plastic, a stock, or standard plastic over-guard, or with a larger plastic over-guard. I have the standard, the larger might afford a bit more wind and brush protection at expense of wind resistance and noise. Quality of fittings is important and the Tusk work just fine for most of us.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Funny you should ask. Do you think I'm impressed with Tusk?

TDub:
IMG_5434.JPG

With the D-Flex covers. I've taken a lot of falls off-road and my wife took a terrific one on pavement last Summer.
These will save you hands from breaking.
IMG_5769.JPG

On the Ural Patrol:
IMG_6564.JPG

I opted for Maier Hand covers. You don't necessarily have to put Tusk covers on Tusk guards. They make them universal.
I like the wider covers for Winter and cold weather riding and the Ural is a 12 month a year riding beast.
IMG_6567.JPG

On the xr250L:
I am 98% finished putting this bike back together and on the road. These served their purpose over the hard 27 year life of this bike. On the other side the bolt is broken inside the handlebar. Hopefully I can get it out.
IMG_8698.JPG

No surprise. Just came in the mail and they will be installed tomorrow/Saturday:
IMG_8702.JPG

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Like I said.
Easy install, really solid quality.
I'm not sure which cover I want yet.

IMG_8705.JPG

IMG_8706.JPG

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
nice, looks good, did you had to do any mods o cutting the bar? beside making the throttle hole?
Hi pgar, and welcome to the forum!

No mods other than cutting the end off of the plastic throttle tube and right handgrip, and punching a hole in the end of the left handgrip.

Just so you know, any handguard installation requires quite a bit of fiddling around to get the clamps/levers/cables/switches/wiring/etc. positioned and adjusted to the handlebars and cross bar. Not really difficult, but can be a little frustrating and time consuming, so be prepared.

Before I sold the bike shown in the pictures, I removed the handguards and still have them. PM me if you might be interested in buying them.

Brian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts