TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a space issue and needs a folding trailer - anyone know a good one

Thanks

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Folding & Stand-up?
Kendon.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It depends upon your wallet. You get what you pay for and the one Stagewex has was a super nice unit but I bet quite costly. I just built one that is a kit from Harbor Freight for carrying my kayaks to the lake up the road. Not the greatest quality but it actually is quite a nice folding utility trailer that you could easily make into a good TW hauler. I deactivated the fold up and used a full 3/4" piece of pressure treated ply for my needs. It has a 1200 pound capacity and works perfect for my needs and for short runs. Think if I was going on long distance runs I would go a different route or at the least upgrade the tires.

Any of the small boat or personal water craft (Jet Ski) trailers could make for a nice bike trailer with a little modification. What you need to be careful with is the capacity. Too stiff will bounce way too much and too light will be just as bad. My 5 X 8 utility trailer has a 3500 pound axle and is way too heavy for carrying just a TW and much better if it has 3 TWs on it.

GaryL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts