TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum, my husband and I just bought our first bike, an '09 TW200. We're still learning to ride, and (it's all part of the process, right?) he managed to snap off the front brake lever halfway down today.

We want to order some (hopefully better quality) replacement front brake and clutch levers to have on hand. What are the best options? OEM vs. after market? Preferably cheap?

Also, we both have pretty short fingers, so whatever we replace it with needs to not increase the travel distance (preferably might even decrease a little).

Thanks!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The best qaulity levers in the world are sacrificial--they break so the bracket doesn't. The best way to prevent broken and bent levers is to add brush gaurds to protect the levers from impact. I wouldn't own a dualsport bike without brush gaurds. To protect my hands when riding offroad. Protecting the levers is a bonus.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best qaulity levers in the world are sacrificial--they break so the bracket doesn't. The best way to prevent broken and bent levers is to add brush gaurds to protect the levers from impact. I wouldn't own a dualsport bike without brush gaurds. To protect my hands when riding offroad. Protecting the levers is a bonus.

Thanks - that makes sense.

Any suggestions for good quality brush levers?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't always work.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - I suspect there will be a fair amount of trial-and-error for us, especially since this is our first bike and we are both just learning to ride. Also sounds like it may end up depending on how much and how hard-core we get into the off-roading stuff (and of course how long we end up keeping the bike). So far its a great bike to be learning on though - especially for me - I really had trouble with the bigger, heavier bikes!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts