TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Best month to buy a TW

Tags
new tw
1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  littletommy 
#1 ·
I enjoy and learn from your forum. It is one of the reasons I have decided to own a TW.

Other than "now", could you advise on a recommended month to get the best deal on a new or used one?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!! :D

Buy a used one in the fall, folks are more willing to wheel and deal before Thanksgiving and Christmas...they need the $$$ / Spring time is not so good, everyone wants top dollar because of the full riding season ahead.

#4 ·
I always like to buy new cars on the last week of December. The dealers want to get inventory out and the cars turn 1 year older although new year models come out in the fall you'll get the best deal on last years models that are left over. The dealers may have flooring charges so it is a good time.

#8 ·
This is all good advice and a handful of things I never thought of. I agree fall and last week of Dec provide best odds of finding good deals. If you’re looking into the used market (Craigslist, EBay, etc), you increase your odds of finding a good deal if you check every day and jump quickly when a possible good deal pops up. I found my biggest challenge was passing on bikes that needed more time and money than the project was worth to me.

I just passed on this one yesterday. It is a good deal, but needs lots of time and money. Someone will get a good rideable bike at a decent price though.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/yamaha/6319503657.html

#9 ·
My favorite color.
This is all good advice and a handful of things I never thought of. I agree fall and last week of Dec provide best odds of finding good deals. If you’re looking into the used market (Craigslist, EBay, etc), you increase your odds of finding a good deal if you check every day and jump quickly when a possible good deal pops up. I found my biggest challenge was passing on bikes that needed more time and money than the project was worth to me.

I just passed on this one yesterday. It is a good deal, but needs lots of time and money. Someone will get a good rideable bike at a decent price though.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/yamaha/6319503657.html

Reactions: Badgerflorida
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.