TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read lots of posts on the death wing front tire. I live in Tampa area and we have a lot of SAND (yuk). Just wanted to ask specifically for opinions on what tire is best for sand? If you have an opinion and can provide detail (exact size etc) it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The best sand tire is simply aired down.
T-dubs are outstanding in the sand and airing down will get you the float you need.

I’ve replaced my front tire with a big heavy knobby and it tracks great in sand but liked to deflect off rocks as it is so stiff . I cut the tire to allow it to flex more and now it’s flexy but scary looking so I want to try a $ticky lightweight trials tire next.

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
I'm thinking something along the lines of a Kenda Snow Max. Might need some minor modifications to the TW though.

wider c46f47a78a7d.jpg

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow great pix
a Purple Jeep and a cool mini bike. Love them mini bikes.

But I don’t think the OP needs that kinda float just yet as the TW is already really sand capable.
I get it riding sand is hard cuz you have to ride aggressively while at the same time loosening up but the bike is more than ready.
Get more seat time it’s cheaper than swapping parts, builds skills and is much more fun.
Here i am having fun in the sand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow great pix
a Purple Jeep and a cool mini bike. Love them mini bikes.

But I don’t think the OP needs that kinda float just yet as the TW is already really sand capable.
I get it riding sand is hard cuz you have to ride aggressively while at the same time loosening up but the bike is more than ready.
Get more seat time it’s cheaper than swapping parts, builds skills and is much more fun.
Here i am having fun in the sand.

WOW!!!!! Now that is some sand. Do you lower your tire pressure and if so to what? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes low pressure for sand
I run single digits for sand and rocks.
In pure sand or dunes I’m running just above flat. Be careful and get a bicycle pump till you find your comfort level.

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Rather good sand riding video. Shows how some experience and momentum can get one into, and then hopefully out of trouble. I was sweating bullets unsure if Willys was ever going to make it back up the slope. Well done! A mix of dedication and desperation?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Major desperation, I was alone , late in the afternoon and supposed to be on the beach several miles away. Really stupid and it coulda gone real bad.
The bike is more than capable if I would slow down and make better choices.
I’m an idiot and got away with it again but really gotta wise up before my luck runs out.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Best tire for sand is an 8 inch ATV tire running in tri z forks. Its really amazing and will give you tons of confidence

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts