TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering what the best way to recover a seat is. My bike is teal, and while I dont mind the gas tank being teal, I do mind it on the seat. The bike is in really nice shape but it looks like it belongs to Barbie
. I am going to purchase the walmart coleman seat pad, but I would like to recover the seat prior to doing this.

I have seen some covers on eBay but dont know how well they work.

If anyone has any expierience doing this please chime in.

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Walk up to whomever took it and punch him in the face.

Visit an automotive upholsterer for good, waterproof materials. Plenty of info in a google search on repair/remodel/rebuild motorcycle seats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just recovered mine with the cheapest thing I could find on ebay. Something like $19 + $7 to ship I think. With the seatcover not installed yet the quality looked like junk, but installed it actually looks really good. I went from blue/black (mine's an '02) to all black. My stock seatcover wasn't cracking or anything so I just installed the ebay seatcover over it. I deleted the strap (took the stock one off and didn't install the one that came with the seatcover. I used a staple gun with 3/8" staples and it turned out great. I've been riding around on it for a month or so now and am really happy with it.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Sell the teal one on the AZ. Craigslist.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts