TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't even find the words. Rode over 1000 kms since last Wednesday. Got a great new (old) truck. Spent 2 days with my best friend roaming around the back country of Castlegar in his little Suzuki 4x4, drinkin' & yakkin' just like it hadn't been 6-7 years since we last saw each other. Had my first 'in the wild' TW sighting, stopped, found Joe from Fruitvale(?), an awesome guy having breakfast at Joeys Only in Castlegar. Got talking, he was about to set off on a fun run fundraiser of some sort, but we exchanged numbers and I sent him this way, told him how amazing you all were. Then it turned out I didn't have to work Monday after all, so I went over to Merritt and surprised my Dad.
My ole brain is still whirlin'.:D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow Trent..........you don't stay still! did you take the tw over on the Coq?
I did! From Merritt, it was a breeze. Wasn't keeping up with traffic by any means, but I had a lane to myself ;) I'm not sure it would be so easy from this side, it's a long, hard pull to the summit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, not totally stock. I have changed the rear sprocket from the stock 50t to a 47t, and I just got one of those Air Hawk cushions, which made a huge difference comfort-wise, and a Shinko 244 5.1 on the front. But that's about it so far.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear you had a great time GTG.
Are you liking the 47t sprocket vs. the OEM 50t?
I love it. No discernible loss of power climbing, and I can cruise at 90-95 km/h with zero mirror 'blur'.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
are you sticking mostly to pavement now with the 47 tooth or does it work ok on dirt, sounds like you haven't had much time for dirt

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are you sticking mostly to pavement now with the 47 tooth or does it work ok on dirt, sounds like you haven't had much time for dirt
I haven't been in the dirt yet, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. !st is still pretty low, and I have enough torque to accelerate up Anarchist in 5th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts