TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I imagine you all have seen plenty of Yosemite in person or in imagery so I won't try to wow you, just enough video teasers here to help imagine the pleasure in riding a TW up and over the 9,000 ft. mountain passes from ~7,000 ft. Mono Lake and then down to Yosemite Valley floor at ~3,000. The smells and sights were much better than in a car. TW's comfortable cruising speed matched the park's 45 mph nicely. Any more engine would have been wasted. Crowds were light as I started early on a midweek morning. I wisely skipped crossing the valley floor and climbing up to Glacial Point. Haze and storm clouds had me re-think my plans. I did get rain and hail from Tuolumne Meadows to the Park Boundary. I highly recommend this ride for anyone...enjoy...

·
Registered
976 Posts
:love4:

The wife and I rode through the area for the first time last month, some of the most absolutely beautiful scenery I've ever experienced. Thanks for the teaser vid, now I'm really itching to get back there!

·
Registered
329 Posts
thanks for the vid, it was beautiful. I rode my TW on going to the sun highway in Glacer NP in MT. it was great, 12 hp works great for touring Nat'l Parks.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Video does size perception no favors so I must ask, were those coyotes or smallish wolves? I am 95% certain they were coyotes but figured I would ask. Are they feeding on roadkill or just that dang used to people being around? Great looking ride no matter.

Tom

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those were a pair of smallish coyotes who were trying to cross the road in front of me. They get a bit brazen in the park looking for easy human food scraps or roadkill. Rare in the wild to see them from only a few feet away, only in the cities or parks where they are not shot do they get comfortable being close to humans. Like California's state animal, the grizzly bear who graces the flag, the wolves here were hunted to extinction a century ago.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty country. Yes, I was a ninety something miles from my remote camp should I have had a problem. Trip was thrown together conceived on Monday and launched Tuesday morning. I' ll call Skipro next time uploadfromtaptalk1445235386067.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1445235480378.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1445235518140.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1445235620848.jpg

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I gotta get out more. I have been side tracked these last 8 or 9 months but come spring I just gotta get further from home than 45 minutes or an hour on a TW.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice picture Gerry, it was hazy with controlled burns and threatening rain when I rolled through so I didn't stop for photos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts