TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here Hoot goes again...after so many start and shutdowns due to the damn virus, me and Montezuma are ready to head to Texas from Ohio in October...if they haven't closed down America by that time?

At this point in time, it appears that October 20th we will leave Western Ohio and head southwest...however unlike 2016 where we were stupid enough to drive straight through for about 30 hours with just periodical stops for short naps, this time, we will take a couple of days...and unlike March 2016, we ain't freaking camping out at the Rio Grande in Big Bend NP, if we can help it...motel it is the plan...Hell we are old, semi retired {well Hell I only work for beer and cigar money anyway}, and well off enough to say..."WTH? We can't take it with us, so spend some of the moldy money"

Our plans, in addition to a day or 3 at the National Park, we plan on riding around Terlingua Ghost Town, and also ride parts of the Big Bend State Park...

Terlingua Ghost Town

Big Bend State Park

We still have to finish Old Ore Road as well, since we didn't complete that last time...

as you can see, the National Park is closed until further notice...so you can see "Our Plan" may not pan out...but if we can get into the State Park, and Terlingua never closes...we will be there:

Old Ore Road

The plan {and that's all it is at this time} is to leave Ohio on October 20th and perhaps return around November 1st...thus avoiding the tail end of the rainy season and the beginning of the Thanksgiving Rush...{if there is a 'rush" this season} ?

Big Bend OOR.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here Hoot goes again...after so many start and shutdowns due to the damn virus, me and Montezuma are ready to head to Texas from Ohio in October...if they haven't closed down America by that time?

At this point in time, it appears that October 20th we will leave Western Ohio and head southwest...however unlike 2016 where we were stupid enough to drive straight through for about 30 hours with just periodical stops for short naps, this time, we will take a couple of days...and unlike March 2016, we ain't freaking camping out at the Rio Grande in Big Bend NP, if we can help it...motel it is the plan...Hell we are old, semi retired {well Hell I only work for beer and cigar money anyway}, and well off enough to say..."WTH? We can't take it with us, so spend some of the moldy money"

Our plans, in addition to a day or 3 at the National Park, we plan on riding around Terlingua Ghost Town, and also ride parts of the Big Bend State Park...

Terlingua Ghost Town

Big Bend State Park

We still have to finish Old Ore Road as well, since we didn't complete that last time...

as you can see, the National Park is closed until further notice...so you can see "Our Plan" may not pan out...but if we can get into the State Park, and Terlingua never closes...we will be there:

Old Ore Road

The plan {and that's all it is at this time} is to leave Ohio on October 20th and perhaps return around November 1st...thus avoiding the tail end of the rainy season and the beginning of the Thanksgiving Rush...{if there is a 'rush" this season} ?

View attachment 207137
I’m following. My wife and I have TW’s and we’re in Floresville Texas. We might join y’all!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would love to visit Big Bend sometime.
I just had a couple surgeries so I won't be riding till next spring.
But hopefully I will be able to then, anyway have a good trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts