TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Class 6 road test this morning and am now officially a full-privilege licensed rider! :) My TW world just expanded big-time. I took a motorcycle safety course a couple of weekends ago (with afloatafloat) which was fantastic. A bunch of practice rides solidified the skills and the road test was a breeze. Now to try and get in some good rides in what's left of our riding season.

·
Super Moderator
17,983 Posts
You did good bro...:D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Anything with the word "SAFETY" is a gooooooooooooooooooood thing.. When coming to a corner and you SHOULD have the right of way...... Watch out ! keep an eye on the front wheel of that car, if it moves make your plan to dodge it.... 3 weeks ago I had a crazy lady try to make a grease spot of me, glad I was on the ball. Have a ball. It's a daily learning experience out there.OMM.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Watch the oncoming anythings like a hawk. :D

Anyone who has ridden with me has seen me stand on the pegs when approaching backcountry intersections where visibility is limited. If my view is obstructed by brush, weeds, corn, etc I stand so I can make sure someone isn't going to blow a stop. If I can't see I slow it way down. I've had too many close calls with that deal, and one full contact experience years ago in college.

Ride defensively without getting so carried away you don't enjoy the trip and congratulations on your accomplishment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts