·
Super Moderator
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Everyone OK over there so far?? Just checking... :unsure:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Back here in Charlotte NC for a family wedding. For the last two days we've had freezing rain. sleet. and it looks like 5" of new snow is topping it off. We've been here for a week and the only motorcycles I've seen are the ones in the showroom windows. I guess this "Blizzard" is a pretty big one as they closed flights in and out of CLT/Douglas airport. (Speaking of In-N-Out burgers.....There's a burger place out here called What-A-Burger : Excellent). Going to attempt to drive down Int. 77 this morning to Charlotte for the wedding.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
NY City is bracing for a big dumping and I am 80 miles NW of the city and have not seen a flake yet at 7:30 AM Saturday morning. The prediction is for 3 inches here and 100% snow all day.

These storms are catastrophic in areas that don't normally get much snow but up by me this is a non event even when it comes in feet. I do see that in Ky. I 75 is shut down because of the big rigs blocking the highway and some fender benders and 90% of that is caused by those who are not up to speed driving in storms and cars and trucks not set up for such conditions.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
It's snowing pretty good here now, at least 6" so far. They upgraded my area late last night, we're in for 12" to 24" now...I hope all of our members along the coast are OK through this, they're calling for severe coastal flooding.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It's snowing pretty good here now, at least 6" so far. They upgraded my area late last night, we're in for 12" to 24" now...I hope all of our members along the coast are OK through this, they're calling for severe coastal flooding.
8:30 now and we have a few flakes coming but the winds are getting pretty strong now. I still have all green/brown lawn showing here and that is very uncommon this time of year.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Here in the NY Catskills it has stopped snowing and I don't have enough to bother shoveling! Think I got about an inch of global warming!

GaryL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the greetings! I'm from Mountville Pa, just west of Lancaster, Pa. Right now we are just approaching 2 feet of snow. Maybe another couple of inches to come!

I'm 62 years old. Started riding off road, trials and Enduros back in 1968. Started on a Kawasaki 120cc, and a Yamaha 250 Enduro. I then switched to riding Bultaco Alpinas and Sherpa Ts. Those old Bultacos had such great low end. I did have two old Bultacos up until about 5 years ago when I agreed to sell them to a guy who had money to burn and really wanted them badly!

I recently really missed having something to putt around on, so recently I picked up this TY250.

I always liked them - but never owned one. I want to break this one down and do a pretty complete restoration which will I know will go slowly.

So now I have the bug to get something for the spring that I could ride occasionally back and forth to work (4 miles of secondary roads) and also take out to the trials once in awhile. That's my interest in the TW200. Sounds like a super reliable fun bike that would fit the bill perfectly. Plus I'm short @ 5'8" and the seat height on the TW will be perfect for me!

I've been checking Craigslist and see some nice late model lower mileage TWs for somewhere in the 3K-4K range. I was planning to start checking some out in the next week or so but that might now be pushed back just a little because of the weather.

Thanks again for the greetings!

Doug

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome, gdv350ss, I know what you mean about the old Bultaco low end, great at at the top of a hill climb.

Cold, 34 here with 30-40 winds, anybody make a sail for the TW?

·
Super Moderator
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the greetings! I'm from Mountville Pa, just west of Lancaster, Pa. Right now we are just approaching 2 feet of snow. Maybe another couple of inches to come!

I'm 62 years old. Started riding off road, trials and Enduros back in 1968. Started on a Kawasaki 120cc, and a Yamaha 250 Enduro. I then switched to riding Bultaco Alpinas and Sherpa Ts. Those old Bultacos had such great low end. I did have two old Bultacos up until about 5 years ago when I agreed to sell them to a guy who had money to burn and really wanted them badly!

I recently really missed having something to putt around on, so recently I picked up this TY250.

I always liked them - but never owned one. I want to break this one down and do a pretty complete restoration which will I know will go slowly.

So now I have the bug to get something for the spring that I could ride occasionally back and forth to work (4 miles of secondary roads) and also take out to the trials once in awhile. That's my interest in the TW200. Sounds like a super reliable fun bike that would fit the bill perfectly. Plus I'm short @ 5'8" and the seat height on the TW will be perfect for me!

I've been checking Craigslist and see some nice late model lower mileage TWs for somewhere in the 3K-4K range. I was planning to start checking some out in the next week or so but that might now be pushed back just a little because of the weather.

Thanks again for the greetings!

Doug
Doug, the TW will be perfect for you considering what you want it for.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
First round of cleanup done. I figure 14" to 16" and it's still snowing...
My Kubota with a 54 inch blower is envious! 16 inches is like a walk in the park.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 48 Posts