TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All , just thought i would post a report on an exhaust system install i just did on my Tdub recently. Although it was not a direct bolt up to the TW, [it was a ttr225 system] it did manage to fit nice and tight with the help of a spacer and a small bracket to custom fit it to my Tdub. It now has a nice throaty thump to it compared to the stock exhaust. With the recent re-jetting and exhaust mods the engine pulls better than it ever did.I kinda like the louder pipe too , helps wake up the sleepy drivers that swerve in your lane from time to time.

Here is a video from my iphone of how it sounds.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykTxOBeY0h4[/media]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you drill out your carb slide hole? It gives much better throttle response.

No ,i am not familiar with the carb slide hole mod. could you be more specific about this mod? The throttle response seems improved with just what i have done so far with jetting and exhaust. Does this apply to both style carbs, as i have the early version on my '99.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Nice, I'm using the same set up on my TW.

What does drilling the slide do, again? I thought there was some reason that you shouldn't drill, but can't remember why.

Josh

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Nice, I'm using the same set up on my TW.

What does drilling the slide do, again? I thought there was some reason that you shouldn't drill, but can't remember why.

Josh

Air passing over the hole in the slide causes the vacuum that pulls it up. Up A slightly larger hole makes vacuum faster, speeding up the response between twisting the throttle and getting more fuel into the piston.

This mod is tricky, because if you drill too big the effect is the opposite. Just a little larger is good.

·
Registered
323 Posts
betopimienta, very nice! Thanks for the video.

I have the "early" carb and a very free flowing exhaust. Would you mind sharing what shims or jets you used to dial it in? I just bumped my main jet up to a 122 but I think it's too fat. I'm guessing that I'll end up at 120 or 118.

Would love to know what you're running.

Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
betopimienta, very nice! Thanks for the video.

I have the "early" carb and a very free flowing exhaust. Would you mind sharing what shims or jets you used to dial it in? I just bumped my main jet up to a 122 but I think it's too fat. I'm guessing that I'll end up at 120 or 118.

Would love to know what you're running.

Thanks!

Catamount, am using a 118 main jet. I tried bumping up the pilot jet by one step ,but it did not improve so i reinstalled stock pilot jet and it idles smoothly now and has good throttle response. i added a washer that was slightly thicker than the stock washer on the needle.i salvaged the washer from some old electronics scrap i had laying around the house , so i don't know the exact thickness. It was kind of a "MacGyver" mod.

The power comes on nicely when i roll on the throttle now. This exhaust and re-jet mod has been the best performance improvement so far, am very pleased with the results

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thank you for the info! I think 118 will probably be the one I end up using as well. One last questions, do you have any intake mods? Is your box drilled out at all?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No . i have not modified my intake as of yet. i may let it ride as is for now . i have seen some posts on the old forum of air boxes drilled out and seem to remember warnings about not drilling too many holes and causing performance loss. I have seen the uni vents , they are pretty nice, but what i want is a uni vent that opens and closes so i can fine tune the air box on the fly by letting more or less air in as needed.That would be pretty cool.

BP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts