TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
it propaly would "fit" with slight modifcations...

but it might make it run like crap...

·
Registered
158 Posts
it propaly would "fit" with slight modifcations...

but it might make it run like crap...

I have a big gun like that one on my t dub .... But it sure don't run like crap. i prefer it over stock. bolts on with little mods.

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/637-big-gun-evo-exhaust/page__p__4888__fromsearch__1#entry4888

And scroll down the page 2 to see a close up of the bracket and spacer i used to hang it with. I work at a car repair shop so i scrounged these parts from an old bmw car.The spacer is from alternator bushing hardware and the bracket was from rear drive axle cv hardware. I used them to do a temporary fitment , but what the heck they fit tight and have not failed so i ride on.......

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/256-best-sources-for-exhaust-upgrades/page__st__30

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey bros,

Will this fit??

http://www.jokersracing.com/content-product_info/product_id-15745/yamaha_ttr_225_evo_race_series_complete_exhaust_system_big_gun.html

I keep reading about using a ttr225 headline, well what if I got the whole shebang? I want to know if this will bolt up...

John

Good exhaust, But don't buy from your site. 5 days to process and when I got salesman on the tele he asked over and over if it was a gw tw rw sw. Tried to sell me the new ttr225 exhaust for 499.00 . Jokers? Charged my card for it already too!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good exhaust, But don't buy from your site. 5 days to process and when I got salesman on the tele he asked over and over if it was a gw tw rw sw. Tried to sell me the new ttr225 exhaust for 499.00 . Jokers? Charged my card for it already too!

Thanks, Brad!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey all,

Just wanted to share my experience with the big gun. 3 + weeks to get it. Ordered black tip with quiet core and got regular core with red tip. I enjoyed the install. Trimmed 3/8" off the headpipe and made an easy bracket to go over the frame and spaced the lower mount. Initially was impressed with the power gain. Ran through gears quickly with noticable power increase. I run: wiseco 1mm, 118 jet, no snorkel and 93 0ct. Noticed once I calmed down that I had some running problems with lower throttle. 1 shim under the needle and slight adjustments to pilot jet and air/idle(old style carb) made things much better. But still had a lean pop after I let off the throttle. So I added 1 more washer 1/4 turn out on the pilot and nothing on idle air (started fine with small amoount of choke). Ran perfect, Tons of power, Lots of low end 75 top end with stock gears, Can ride dirt in 4th and 5th and was learning to shift all over again. Bad news is the lean pop was still there. Checked the plug, golden brown. What was the problem? I couldn't figure the lean pop. checked the head pipe torque and around the joint from head to exhaust still nothing......

Today I changed my 88 square blinkers to the newer style because the right rear was right on the big gun. Started the bike to make sure they wouldn,t touch with vibration (1/4") clearence. Noticed the exhaust has a pin hole on the weld right in front of the weld for the lower bracket. I guess it explains my poping! Big gun was closed when I called. I don't want to discourage anyone looking at one of these. I am vey happy with it. I am assuming the quietcore will make it more pleasant. I will let everyone know what big gun says about the weld. I am not going to send it back to Cali from vt. I will have it fixed. Can't wait any longer for this exhaust.

cheeas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts