TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone that can give me information on this? I need the measurement of the wide Duro tire too. Give me what you got I need details.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Do a quick search first. It's been talked about already.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Hi Mike,

The BW200's are pretty basic bikes. The engines are essentially the same as on TW's with a few exceptions. BW's have a compression release system that is tied in to the kickstarter, a different carb, and a different (shorter) output shaft. BW's use a jackshaft to compensate for the offset between the drive sprocket on the engine and rear sprocket on super wide rear wheel/tire. I would suggest paying close attention to the sprockets and chains on the jackshaft arrangement. Mine was kind of rusty in those areas and it would be pretty complicated to get in there and start replacing and adjusting those sprockets and chains.

100_3523.JPG

That's about all that I can think to be on the lookout for.

Brian

p.s. Just for reference, I paid $1,500 for mine and sold it 2 months later for $2,000. All I really did to it was clean it up a little bit.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Yo...TW-Brian, I have a question for you about the Yamaha BW 200. I am in a position to buy two of them....please don't tell PlacerLode, as he will freak out with envy :p

A local guy that I know, has a '85 and a '87, and he is going to be selling them, once he gets the carbs cleaned up and the bikes running better. He is a good tech himself, even though he owns the local drugstore. He owns and shows cars in the local car show....like an old Crosley, and a 1914 model T, etc. So I don't expect his BW200s to be junk.

What should I look for in these odd bikes ?

Mike
$1500 is or was about the going rate for a nice BW200 with the super primos fetching up to $2k but that's about where it ends. I do see numerous people on ebay asking $3500 but they just want a forum to show their bikes it's highly unlikely they will ever sell for ths. I would consider a BW350 but I would want that super primo never ridden garage queen and I would be willing to pay more than the average price but as TWBrian said these are strictly off road and they don't ride particularly well and they tended to be ridden by young guys and are accordingly tatered so I will be shocked if I ever find the Queen of the Forest BW350 I dream of (shameless Ted Nugent reference)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts