TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to politely decline unsolicited requests to ride my bike? Its become a rather sore subject around my house. i'm to the point I would rather let hubs have this bike, than watch somebody else dam near wreck it showing off their lack of operating skills. (grrr) sorry about the fussiness, but I need some help!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Just say they are not covered in the case of an accident on your insurance...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the way y'all think. as far as just saying no goes, that doesn't work. its my hubbies friends. they're pretty persistent in harassing me. all in good sport of course. but im not having it.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
It's obvious to us that you really LOVE your little bike....think how mad you would be if some wannabee/wishIwas dumped your baby....

There are only a couple people who I would even consider letting ride my bikes..

I have 2 friends who I ride with sometimes, one just sold his Harley and the other has already mentioned to me, hey...how about letting Chris ride one of your bikes? That way, all 3 of us can go ride...

All I have to do is remember the scratch's he had on his bike from dumping it...

Like I said, there are only a couple people who I would even consider letting ride my unscratched, taken care of lovingly, bikes.

Plus... Both my TW and Harley are hot rods!! He couldn't handle either one. :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Your husband should tell his friends to stand down and stop the childish behavior, you have every right to say no to other riders, it is your bike, your new pride and joy and your husband is letting his friends ruin this new found love for riding. It is ok to show him this post, maybe he will man up for you and put your feelings before his friends.

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Pocket your keys and stand your ground! It would help to have the support of your husband first so he can tell his buddies to back off and respect you. Otherwise they might enjoy continuing to tease you with the bike-borrowing.
Tell them biker chicks deserve respect and hide those keys!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Just ask them...

Is there "life after death"?
Touch my bike and you'll be the first to find out... ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Regrettably, mudbug,,you've made the cardinal error by not asking the singular best source on how to handle these sorts of situations....He's known far and wide or his unique sense of humor, laser sharp wit,keen awareness of and most of all,a profound respect for others feelings......Qwerto.:D

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
Having a bike is very personal — if anyone so much as sticks a leg over it (without asking first), it is regarded as the height of bad manners (e.g. a shooting offence). It has always been this way with bikes.

To give you some idea — there are a mere handful of people of this forum that I would allow to ride mine — as far as the rest of the world is concerned — no chance.

You already have this “instinct” about your bike, and good for you.

Now - tell them to knob off …………

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Regrettably, mudbug,,you've made the cardinal error by not asking the singular best source on how to handle these sorts of situations....He's known far and wide or his unique sense of humor, laser sharp wit,keen awareness of and most of all,a profound respect for others feelings......Qwerto.:D
ahhh...i'm glad you recognized the feelings aspect of this. i'm kind of a softy. and so is my hubs to an extent. I shared this link with him after I started the thread, so all the feedback I've been getting is greatly appreciated. hopefully this expert you speak of will chime in soon. lol I went from the happiest person in the world over having my bike to having anxiety attacks over its imminent demise. :cry: this is serious business... :help: lol
thanks again. y'all are awesome!

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Mudbug, Just say "no thank you". It will confuse him/her/them.

Hubby friend #1: "Can I ride your little low powered beginners TW"

Mudbug: "No Thank you"

Friend #1 starts scratching head and will be thinking "what did I offer to mudbug, for her to answer with no thank you"?

While he's in "stun mode" for a second or two, then ask this friend if he's wearing socks, or something like that. And keep asking questions, what's your favorite flower etc. After too many questions he may want to distance himself from you and forget about riding the TW!

Or you can do what I do (but not on purpose or ever to the wife), play deaf! When asked to ride the TW, start giggling and say I already went to the grocery store, so I don't need any more Tide Laundry soap!

Just a thought!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mudbug, Just say "no thank you". It will confuse him/her/them.

Hubby friend #1: "Can I ride your little low powered beginners TW"

Mudbug: "No Thank you"

Friend #1 starts scratching head and will be thinking "what did I offer to mudbug, for her to answer with no thank you"?

While he's in "stun mode" for a second or two, then ask this friend if he's wearing socks, or something like that. And keep asking questions, what's your favorite flower etc. After too many questions he may want to distance himself from you and forget about riding the TW!

Or you can do what I do (but not on purpose or ever to the wife), play deaf! When asked to ride the TW, start giggling and say I already went to the grocery store, so I don't need any more Tide Laundry soap!

Just a thought!
that's funny! :laughing11:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I like the way Troll is advising you, and that is exactly what I would say......NO. It is very simple, some idiots out there like to think of other peoples bikes as a TOY...and it is NOT. It is YOUR personal property, a form of transportation, and......YOU need to know that the bike is still in perfect condition, so that when YOU ride it, there is NO doubt in your mind that....when it comes to your LIFE.....the bike has no faults.

Tell these buddies of your "hubs" to take a hike. If they want to take your bike for a ride, tell them you want to take their trucks for a ride, and use their guns while you are at it, and...you want their wives or girlfriends to go along with you, which you will treat their trucks...guns...wives...and girlfriends in the same manner as they intend to treat your TW200.

The TW200 is NOT someone else's "mini-bike". It is YOUR bike, and your "hubs" friends should have more respect for YOU, than to harrass you like that.

Stand your ground...just say NO...and in the end, they will respect you more for it.

Man, I wish that Randall and I and Borneo and Hoot were there right now.....we would teach those "buddies" of your "hubs" a thing or two about respect.

:boxing:
Who are you kidding? You forum guys and the hubby's friends would be knocking back some cold ones trading "war stories" all while trying to decide on the nearest motorcycle supply shop to "upgrade" mudbug's TW.
That is what would happen in the real world:D

Tom

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who are you kidding? You forum guys and the hubby's friends would be knocking back some cold ones trading "war stories" all while trying to decide on the nearest motorcycle supply shop to "upgrade" mudbug's TW.
That is what would happen in the real world:D

Tom
:laughing7:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Girls are always telling me that I can look but I can't touch. :'(

1 - 20 of 39 Posts