TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the t-dub group seeming to be labeled quirky, I was just wondering where everyone stands on the subject of Bigfoot. Must be someone that has been out riding late at night and saw something they thought could be one. Please share your stories. I myself have no stories to share but I do find myself fascinated with the possibility of squatches being out there.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I've heard some stories too. Nothing first hand to report either. I'm in the "I've never seen one, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are out there." camp.

We are still discovering new species. Living in the west, I'm aware that there are enough forested areas and open spaces that aren't accessed by humans regularly, that it is totally feasible that they could be out there avoiding detection. But, until one is captured by a trap, a bullet, or a Discovery Channel HD camera, the debate will live on.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
I heard Bigfoot left the area in search of the Lochness Monster!:p

Seriously, I'd love it if they found a "real" one...as long as it wasn't one which raided my tent didn't bite into my shaving cream can!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I saw in yesterday's paper, Animal Planet was/is in Fredon Twp., NJ now looking for them. They even held a town hall meeting to talk to locals that believe they have seen one. The show could air as late as December.

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
There is something in the human make up that needs to believe in man-like wild creatures. The myths or stories of such creatures span the globe and crop up in many diverse cultures and climates over the ages yet little irrefutable physical evidence exists. I too feel the same primordial urge to believe but in the absence of any modern cadavers, skeletons, or live specimens I must remain doubtful.
Certainly the few exposed hoaxes do not prove that bigfoot crtters do not exist, no evidence can prove a non-existence. And yes,it is possible to postulate a rigorous corpse eating/disposing yeti population to account for lack of bones, etc. So I suppose their existence might be remotely possible.
I'll keep my eyes out for one.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Let me know when one is found! Are we to believe they either live forever or when one dies it's bones and all physical evidence of existence simply evaporates? Folklore is a very interesting concept that I just can't wrap my head around until real evidence is found.

Neighbors here in NY claim they have seen mountain lions. This is an absolute possibility yet there is little to no evidence so far. I have trail cameras that capture just about every creature roaming this area. Never caught a glimps of a wild Bore or a big cat and both could be here. Every living animal leaves scatt where ever it roams. Wish I knew what a Big Foot turd looked like:eek:

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
In Northern California, Bigfoot wears green socks :eek: !

(Picture - courtesy of photographer Joeband on the NorCal 2nd Half Sheetiron 150 ride :D )
Come on Joe, a little creativity here. Cut some big feet out of aluminum, paint them black and crazy glue them on. It would go viral until some yahoo steels the entire sign!

Just last year my highway dept. put up Bear Crossing signs in a couple spots. Within 3 days those signs were gone! I am pretty sure they will be found right under all the Lovers Lane signs they no longer put up.

GaryL

Reactions: joeband

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
gary,
"I hear nothing, I see nothing,
I know nothing!" i just took the picture. ;)

with specific regards to the question of large furry hominids... no go. granted there is a lot of open spaces in the west, but there also have been people occupying it for 12,000+ years. if sasguatch was real we'd have some bones, skin or hair as artifacts. other than big track casts, there's nothing. we discovery new mammals species now and again, but they are generally small, secretive organisms that are closely related to other known species, not large organisms that are completely "unknown".

i'd still love to have a redwood carving bigfoot.
IMG_5848.JPG

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
gary,
"I hear nothing, I see nothing,
I know nothing!" i just took the picture. ;)

with specific regards to the question of large furry hominids... no go. granted there is a lot of open spaces in the west, but there also have been people occupying it for 12,000+ years. if sasguatch was real we'd have some bones, skin or hair as artifacts. other than big track casts, there's nothing. we discovery new mammals species now and again, but they are generally small, secretive organisms that are closely related to other known species, not large organisms that are completely "unknown".

i'd still love to have a redwood carving bigfoot.
View attachment 7746
Add to the evidence locker all of the trail cameras out in the forests taking some fantastic pictures from every corner and it pretty much seals the deal. Big Foot is a myth and only those who bought ocean front property in AZ are the true believers.

GaryL

Reactions: Mel

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Like any other species that has evolved over the millenium, there would need to be a male and a female. Maybe the male could go undetected in remote areas, but someone by now surely would have heard the female yelling at him.
That is a rather astute observation but absolutely on the Mark!:D

GaryL

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I actually wanted to start a similiar thread but I thought it would be too " off topic ".
I am in the camp of undetermined. Just because we human beings think we are the most astute observers of the planet as we sit in our Lazy Boys and gather intelligence from a man made device, a lot flies under the radar.

That being said...My own personal " Squatch Story " is up to the imagination. When I was camping with 3 other friends in the Mono Crater area of the Inyo Forest some 27 years ago, we were sitting around a camp fire. Typical noises emanated from the woods such as crickets and owls. All of a sudden, all noise ceased. It was like someone threw a switch off. We all looked at each other as if we were trying to come up with a funny joke to break the tension. The next sounds were crunching noises like a heavy creature pushing its way through the woods, small trees coming down! We jumped to our feet. We were trying to decide if we should pack up. Then, a strange noise coming from the woods made us literally throw our gear in the cars and we fled within a minute of frantic packing. I know what an Elk or Bear sounds like and this was neither. A year later on a local news channel, there was a story that gave me goosebumps . A few hunters were in the same area of the Inyo Forest. They had the same experience except that they saw a silhouette of a large man like creature walking upright on a nearby ridge. They believed it was a Bigfoot sighting.

All I know, is that it could have been an animal that made us flee. Yet we were not the types to be intimidated by an animal. We had our camps visited by a bear more than once. A large Elk sniffed my tent before while I was inside it. This didn't have the same vibe. Whatever it was, we didn't want to hang around to make its acquaintance.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Yes i believe i was married to one for 5 years!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I Like the idea that something like Bigfoot could exist. I enjoy reading books and accounts of encounters and watching TV shows or movies on the subject. Do I believe? All depends when/where I am.

In my house right now: "It'd sure be cool, but nope, Bigfoot doesn't exist.
Way back in the mountains somewhere: "Well, you never know....."
Alone in a tent in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere: "OMG Bigfoot is right outside my tent!!!" LOL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts