TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some trouble with the small kickstand footprint last time I was out near the dunes. Figured I would install a bigger shoe. Took a large washer and welded it under the existing foot. Kinda wishing I had cut off the original then welded on the washer just to make it cleaner.

Shaped, sanded and repainted the kickstand as close to the frame color as I could find in rattle can. Original was black. So far I like the color. Oddly enough I am thinking I may cut the foot and redo it and powder coat it red. Just a splash of color for fun. Still debating in my head.

86FD3A15-2B64-42F2-A58A-357A36FDEA45_1555649740254.jpeg

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i think it looks pretty snazzy just like that. if you redo it, the only caveat is make sure it doesn't hit the frame when folded up.
i've been happy with my washer

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it looks pretty snazzy just like that. if you redo it, the only caveat is make sure it doesn't hit the frame when folded up.
i've been happy with my washer
Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
In preparation for Moab's sand and slickrock I finished renewing a silicone pad on the bottom of the plate I put on my side stand. Previous experience had shown that bare metal on rock can slide if bike s parked in neutral. Not pretty but whole sidestand is slated for lengthening & up-grading once longer suspension is complete ( TTR 36mm forks and Banshee/Raptor shock/spring combo).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In preparation for Moab's sand and slickrock I finished renewing a silicone pad on the bottom of the plate I put on my side stand. Previous experience had shown that bare metal on rock can slide if bike s parked in neutral. Not pretty but whole sidestand is slated for lengthening & up-grading once longer suspension is complete ( TTR 36mm forks and Banshee/Raptor shock/spring combo).
Very nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts