TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TW200 1998, R1200GSA 2008.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody !
First of all, English is not my everyday language....
I'll do my best.

Here's my reborn 98 TW200.
It was in realy bad shape when I bought it.
I was covered with rust, and all those parts where destroyed: piston, cylinder, flasher, mirror, handlebar and levers, seat, rear brake light, rear pegs.
I was looking for a project and it was fun to fix it.

I wanted a round headlight so I decided to import (via croooober) a bracket and headlight from a Japanese TW200 as they used round headlight back in early 2000s on their TW200.

I also wanted a bigger speedo and I found an old Yamaha SR 250 (1981) speedo on eBay.
It use the same electrical connector as the TW200, except for one cable (an easy fix).

So here's the look of my reborn TW200 with an original headlight & bracket of a Japanese TW200 and a bigger speedo from a SR 250 :)

The frame, gas tank, skidplate, swingarm, tripple clamp, forks and front & rear hub & rimm are all powder coated.
I used spray paint on the engine and plastic.

Stéphane

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I do like the tidier speedometer and indicator lights. Might leave room for two bottles of water behind the factory cowling... Looks good

Reactions: reddave and admiral

·
Super Moderator
14,888 Posts
Hi everybody !
First of all, English is not my everyday language....
I'll do my best.

Here's my reborn 98 TW200.
It was in a very bad shape when I bought it. I was covered with rust everywhere, and all those parts where destroyed: piston, cylinder, flasher, mirror, handlebar and levers, seat, rear brake light, rear pegs.
I was looking for a project and it was fun to fix it.

I wanted a round headlight so I decided to import (via croooober) the bracket and the headlight from a Japanese TW200 as they used round headlight back then on their TW200.

I also wanted a bigger speedo and I found an old Yamaha RS 250 (1981) speedo on eBay.
It's the same electrical connector on the RS 250 speedo as the TW200, except for one cable (an easy fix).

So here's the look of my reborn TW200 with the original round headlight & bracket ot a Japanese TW200 and a bigger speedo :)

The frame, tank, skidplate, swingarm, tripple clamp, forks and front & rear hub & rimm are all powder coated.
I used spray paint on the engine and all the plastic.

View attachment 217141

View attachment 217142

View attachment 217146

Stéphane
The speedometer/round headlight really looks nice.

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Say....that's a nice bike! Good work on that speedo, brother. That looks really good!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Like the speedo and headlight a lot - clean lines, looks like it came that way....should have!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not one for modifying the TW too much, that's just perfect for a "modded" TW. Looks nice, great work.

·
Registered
TW200 1998, R1200GSA 2008.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Here's the difference between the original cluster and the SR 250 cluster.
I'm very happy with the new one :):):)
Much bigger with dedicated left & right turn signal indicator.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like that speedo better too. It looks like a direct bolt in, with the exception of the 1 wire you mentioned, correct?

Reactions: spaceman

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also wanted a bigger speedo and I found an old Yamaha SR 250 (1981) speedo on eBay.
It use the same electrical connector as the TW200, except for one cable (an easy fix).
I would also like to know how you adapted the electrical connector. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
The speedo cable in this setup seems to be missing, it might clear that headlight with the angled connector on the back. Do you have any pictures with the speedometer cable hooked up?

I just ask because it looks like it would clear your headlight in this setup, but anything with a deeper bucket might cause an issue with the cable hookup.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Good eye, Blake! OP???

Reactions: TWBigBlake
1 - 16 of 16 Posts