TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post to see the "largest" TW rider out there. I'm new to the bike but she pulls my 6'4" 225# body wherever I want to go. I probably look goofy but who cares, as long as there is I smile on my face!

·
Registered
548 Posts
As some of you know, I made the mistake of taking my wife for a trail ride up a dried out creek bed to the top of a local mountian. We had a blast and lots of laughs as the front wheel kept lifting up and we both had to lean forward to keep heading up hill. Ever since that day, if i get geared up, she is there with her helmet on and puppy dog eyes. We go everywhere on the Tdub and with my 185lbs and her ### lbs its over 300lbs. On the highway we cruise 95 to 100 km/hr and on the trails it will climb anything we dare. Its the best bike I have ever owned!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm 6'4" and upwards of 370. I can go off road just fine. Could use a tiny bit more power on the hill climbs lol, I'm working on losing some weight.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Met a guy on a curvy road between Ellijay and Speedwell in NC when he stopped to see if I was okay when I parked on the side of the road and wandered into the trees to water a bush. He was on a TW he bought because of its massive carrying capacity for a small bike. He said he weighed about 460, and that was after surgery and losing 125 pounds.
His bike was stock except 203/204 tires, a 15/60 sprocket set and 0-ring chain, and a rejetted carb. I don't know if he is a member here, but if you're him, I appreciate your concern. It was a pleasure to ride with you a bit.

·
Super Moderator
18,054 Posts
:eek:Wow, we do have some big riders. I thought I might have been the fat boy of the forum. I had no idea these guys existed.

Reactions: Ken and mudbug

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm at the middle of the 200-300 spectrum, too...240 and losing some. Six-two. Yeah, I look ridiculous; but then, at my age (57) I'm not gonna be picking up chicks.

I've always liked smaller bikes. They remind me of the minibikes and that tiny Honda we all played with as kids; and with a small bike you don't need as much engine for performance. Not that the TW offers any of THAT...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I was 6' 5" and 278 for many years, nearly all of them when I was riding T Dub.
4 months ago I began a weight loss program that consisted mostly of exercise and the belief that food that didn't go into my mouth wouldn't make me fat.
Thi morning the scale said 234 lb. and there ain't no fat left. Not bad only 2 months shy of 71 years old.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'm 5 foot 9 and my scale gasps for air as it reads out 301-302 lbs. I've put on a few pounds, since I got my TW, since I've been spending more time on the TW and less time on my Trek and Schwinn. Also just got done training someone at work for past 5 weeks in which case I get less exercise. As for the TW, I'm very happy with how it hauls me around. According to the speedometer, I can maintain 70mph on flat pavement. I don't like how spongy the front suspension is though, it nosedives a lot under hard braking. Rear shock seems ok. Tough thing is I have to move my TW out of the way to get at my Trek in the garage...

Reactions: Ken and mudbug
1 - 20 of 45 Posts