TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90 tw. It just dies when trying to pop it into gear. It does not instantly stop like the clutches are stuck, it sounds like you hit the kill switch. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Kickstand down?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
If it only runs in neutral, I'd disconnect the kickstand switch and see if that fixes it. It might have something in it stopping it from working right.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
easy fix! cool. I remember first time I put tranny in gear with kickstand down. I had never had a bike with that safety feature.... Luckily only took me a minute to figure it out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was sitting in rush hour traffic at a stoplight where an (allegedly) homeless guy was panhandling. The guy walked up to me & tried to get me to give him some cash. I kept refusing. Just as the light changed & traffic started to move, he reached out with his toe & flicked down my kickstand, killing the engine. Took me a couple moments to get restarted & moving, with some unhappy drivers POed behind me. I almost went back to give him a lesson in the error of his ways, but with the heavy traffic and a cooler head than in my youth, he got a pass.
I have to grudgingly admit, it was a somewhat ingenious & mostly harmless way to get back at me.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I was sitting in rush hour traffic at a stoplight where an (allegedly) homeless guy was panhandling. The guy walked up to me & tried to get me to give him some cash. I kept refusing. Just as the light changed & traffic started to move, he reached out with his toe & flicked down my kickstand, killing the engine. Took me a couple moments to get restarted & moving, with some unhappy drivers POed behind me. I almost went back to give him a lesson in the error of his ways, but with the heavy traffic and a cooler head than in my youth, he got a pass.
I have to grudgingly admit, it was a somewhat ingenious & mostly harmless way to get back at me.
Time to go back in the car and offer him some of MInny's Chocolate Pie. (Or variation thereof.)

Reactions: Kevinwa

·
Registered
123 Posts
Harmless way to get back at you????? I’m thinking I would come back with a super soaker full of pizz ... you know a harmless way to let the guy know that he is a douchbag.
My kick stand switch left me scratching my head after I ate dirt (death wing;) ... up and down a few times and it fired up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts