TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel almost every vehicle has a distinct type of personality.

For the ones I personally own, I try to reflect this with a suitable name.

Over the years I've therefore named many bikes, boats and cars.

Some of the more memorable ones being:

The Italian Stallion - An Alfa Romeo sports car.

Pegasus - An old but very reliable Toyota.

Dracula - A Black Honda XR600R that was so dangerous, unreliable and costly in parts it literally drained me of blood and money!

Frankenstein - A huge heavy old 1100cc Yamaha chopper that was very customized with other bike parts. Good but misunderstood.

Dolphin - A very smooth and blue Yamaha FJ1200cc bike.

White Fang - A white heavily modified Japanese drifting car type setup.

Jelly Bean - A very naughty rubber duck boat.

Silver Surfer - A Silver Mercedes Benz Sports Coupe.

AK47 - An old Yamaha XT250 that was amazingly reliable and virtually indestuctable.

So do YOU have a name for your TW? If so, please do share.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My TW hasn't made a name for herself yet, but my old beat-up pick-up truck is named Bertha (picture a manly woman of a truck driver, sorry, too many cartoons as a kid). You know, cranky, mean, ugly old truck but gets the job done. It's funny though. I really do like my truck, as does a friend of mine. At church, we talk about her, and people listening into our ridiculous conversation always ask who Bertha is. When I tell them it's my truck's name, they look at me like I'm some kind of escaped mental patient.

Dan

·
Registered
29 Posts
I named mine JoJo after my best friend's mom. I love telling him that I rode JoJo all day and how wet and dirty she is. I might get JoJo as a vanity plate but I'm afraid that might push it over the edge!!!

·
Registered
13,734 Posts
I named mine JoJo after my best friend's mom. I love telling him that I rode JoJo all day and how wet and dirty she is. I might get JoJo as a vanity plate but I'm afraid that might push it over the edge!!!

Ok, that's pretty funny. Well, to me it is. I'm not so sure your friend would see it the same way!

Mine, not very original. I call it the Mule.

·
Registered
614 Posts
When I was in Spain my TW was Christened El Burro (the donkey) by a couple of Spaniards I met.

It seems fitting so I continue to call him (yes he's a "him") El Burro.

My ancient Honda XL600 is called "you *&%£[email protected] %$£"%$^&* thing" usually just after it's kick me back after sitting unused for months.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
My Tw's name is "Hi Jolly" after a tough, dedicated, no nosense individual who was probably the biggest player in what undeservedly became a piece of obscure history. Aside from that, he has like THE the coolest grave EVER, no?

http://www.outwestnewspaper.com/camels.html

I originally built it to explore the Camel Corps route, a portion of which runs through my part of the desert, many portions of it beyond the fuel range of larger dualsports. Travels long distances without fluids, carrying unreasonasble burdens for its size...etc. yada yada... Tw's are camel-like to me.

Prolly the first time I put any real thought into naming a bike. The rest all started life cute names like "Miss Piggy" who was one of the first KLR600's, a TT500 named "Snapper" because of what it could do to your leg, my current KLR named "Kilroy IV". My first 10 or so bikes were so illegitimate they didn't deserve names. A succession of Brit bikes and a couple of Ironhead Sportsters which all eventually earned the same names "The Antichrist".....

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I don't usually name vehicles, but some end up named by others.

First bike with a name was a XL250. My wife started calling her Shasta, short for "She has to have ...", which was her way of telling me it was okay to buy more farkles.

My kids started calling a '75 Pontiac "Pete the Pontiac". Pete was kinds of infamous because he passed a few 4x4s stuck in a mud slide on a secondary road at Land Between the Lakes. Pete had a mildly rebuilt 455 set up for torque and towing, a B&M RV trans, 27% Hone overdrive, a 4.56 12-bolt with Triple-D differential, BFG Mud Terrain 235/75-15 front, 32/11.50-15 rear, custom wound high rate springs with 1.5-inch lift, stock rear, Gabriel Red Rider shocks, JCWhitney HD front and rear sway bars with polyurethane bushings. What made the incident so embarassing for the stuck trucks was Pete was dragging a 3500-pound travel trailer at the time.
Best tow vehicle I ever owned.

Tdub is Tdub, because riding buddies started calling her that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I call mine Chitty (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang). It's kinda noisy and odd looking, but suprises all the time.

I don't usually name bikes, but I named the TW.

I do name my guitars though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I call mine The Dike because the first day I rode it I scaled about a eighty degree incline onto a single lane road that almost put me into a pond. Crested the hill on one wheel and stopped her just before I ended up in the drink.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a 71 camaro my buddy called the mean green machine and he had a 70 challenger that he called cold blue steel mobile. Ah to be a teenager again.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Mine is littl' blue.... My trump is big blue.

Other names of past bikes (not mine)

Water buffalo=suzuki 750 two stroke.

Mad Max... V-max yamaha.

Beamer. BMW.

Hog.. Harley.

OMM.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
My '81 Yamaha XS850SG had a Pacifica full faring. One weekend in California I was riding with a group of mostly crotch-rocket riders, bringing up the rear most of the time, but keeping up. At one of the breaks a rider/surfer dude remarked that in his rear-view mirrors my bike looked like a big black shark that was trying to bite him. She was called Shark from that day on.

The TW is Lil' Dragon. No real story there. Just a name we picked out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I named my T-Dub MIGHTY MOUSE and my freinds named my 99' GMC JIMMY "Sherman" because it was indestructible like a Sherman tank. That truck went the 7 levels of Hell

·
Registered
445 Posts
The color of my TW is purple so when I researching names to christen my bike with I didn't have a lot of choices to choose from. The possibilities were either Grimace (McDonald's character), Barney (Hell No!), Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland) or the Purple People Eater (song). So it down to either the Cheshire Cat (which I struggle pronouncing easily) or the Purple People Eater. So I decided on the Purple People Eater since it projected a meaner personality.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I ride a bunch of different bikes - the only one with a nick name is my 1989 Suzuki Savage which I always have called "ole yellar one"

·
Registered
395 Posts
havent named the tw yet, but my:

1951-2 chevy convertible is "Breazy"

the 1990 3/4 ton 454 suburban is "the beast"

1985 white van was "vanna white"

2001 red minivan is "(little) red wagon"

1991 ford truck with the last three digits of the licenc place 666 is "lucifer"

1979 fiat spider 2000 is "safely" girlfriend mother use to tell me to drive safely...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts