TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Biketoberfest 2015, Daytona Beach, FL

I wasn't going this year...

But...the weather was wonderful...80 degrees F, low humidity, cloudless blue skies, and a pleasant sea breeze blowing in from the Atlantic.

Looking south along the Halifax river:

And I needed to visit the Corbin store to look at leather samples, and also pick up my pin from the Chamber of Commerce tent:

And I have a free lodgings.

So it was almost worth the miserable ride through Orlando.

There is plenty to see and do at Biketoberfest....dozens of sites spread out between New Smyrna, Daytona, and Ormond Beach. Most I have no interest in, no bars, no leather shops, or tattoo parlors for me.

I go to see the motorcycles.

Last year the Ducati Scramblers and Indian Scouts were nonexistent or in short supply. Not this year.

A couple of Scout customs:

I personally don”t “get” the big wheel theme, but there were quite a few:

This guy rode his from VA.

An Indian trike or sidecar rig for my old age?

The Daytona Police Dept. is now using “stealth” Victorys:

And there were a few other bikes that caught my attention:

Husky 350's:

Triumph Bonneville:

And to my surprise this one fit me pretty good:

All things considered, it was a very enjoyable day.

jb

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Very nice report! Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us.

Tom

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm not really a cruiser guy but I do kinda dig those Indian hacks. Local dealer has one, they're asking just shy of $40,000. Prolly won't be picking that up this month...

·
Registered
807 Posts
I came north on I75 from Valdosta to Atlanta Sunday. A lot...........and I mean a LOT of very nice trailers heading north out there :) Almost all were baggers of some sort or another. Not a single sportster.......well........except for the 2 we were on but ours were being ridin:)

On a side note I was in Valdosta for my grand daughters birthday/halloween party. I dressed up as a typical Harley guy :)

And Tinas matching costume (well.......she dressed us both :) )

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I was at the AimExpo. Sorry we missed you but Roe and I tried out the full dress Can-Am Spyder,several side by sides and I got yelled at for jumping a Yamaha 700 Grizzly. Lots of fun and things to see but you all most need two day for everything.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was at the AimExpo. Sorry we missed you but Roe and I tried out the full dress Can-Am Spyder,several side by sides and I got yelled at for jumping a Yamaha 700 Grizzly. Lots of fun and things to see but you all most need two day for everything.
Hi X,

So where are all the pictures? ;)

I was considering stopping at the Convention Center on the way back from Dayona...but I was too tired...and I really dislike going through Orlando.

jb

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Pictures? I think Roe got one of the Dub but that's about it. There was just so much to look at that taking pictures was not at the top of my list. I did however get to say hello to Malcom Smith and Wayne Rainey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts