TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello riders

I've been wondering if a billet machines tank badge for the sides of our tanks like Harley and others offer
would be a neat thing to have available and if anyone would be interested in them once I got some made?

I'll begin working on this in October and show photos and pricing.

Any ideas on what you'd like for the badge?

Ken Cooley

Reactions: badcat and Mel

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
If you have the means to do so then do it!! Just find a way to affix them to a plastic tank then send a set to TWilight to test. If He gives it a thumbs up then your set for life!

·
Super Moderator
18,061 Posts
Just need the right adhesive. ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
How would it attach to our tank?[/QUOTE]

use heavy duty(gray or black) double sided tape. 3M and others sell them in rolls of various sizes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
what renny10 said

3M makes an excellent double-sided, low-profile foam tape called VHB (very high bondage). It's absurdly strong, adheres to virtually any surface, suitable for wet/dirty environments, and actually strengthens over time. I worked as an installer for a sign shop my last couple years of high school, VHB was our go-to for anything we couldn't use hardware for.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm looking to cut useless weight from my TW, not add more to it.

SIIPIAW.

(Sorry If I Pissed In Anyone's Wheaties)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, definitely part of my maintenance tool box inventory. Just like yourself, I use it for hanging signs and other various items. Very strong and at the same time, takes some patience to remove with a thin sharp flexible scraper. I think this is the same stuff they use to attach rear spoilers, body panels. we get these in 4-5" diameter rolls. But, they are readily available at all hardware stores( red vinyl strip/ gray tape)

I would be game to get a pair, depending on what it looks like! (1 for my wife's 2013 and 1 for my not yet have TW ) .... ha! ha!

·
Registered
13,727 Posts
I think this would be a cool idea. Maybe something like this but with a "TW" or something like that instead of the tuning forks! Just a thought.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get the weight issue.
Just wondered if anyone who customized their paint
on a tank might like badges.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I get the weight issue.
Just wondered if anyone who customized their paint on a tank might like badges.

·
Registered
648 Posts
3M makes good adhesives to hang lightweight poster frames on walls, in my experience. The adhesive can be pulled off with the easy tab, leaving almost no residue on the wall.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
This is a picture of Jim Wilson's TW. 11921804_10153716879617033_6433554926799906733_o.jpg

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts