TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feed the wild birds that come visit, but never had a relationship like this guy:

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I had to hold a small twig as my fingers where too big for the Hummers to perch on. There is just something about a wild critter that trust you not to do it harm.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Yup. Little flying jewels. Also have to find a way to post some pictures of the golden eagle I was able to work with.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xracer, I was intrigued by your previous post r.e. golden eagle and have been patiently awaiting photos if possible.
Need help? Let's ask Dryden T-Dub, Tom seems to have all the I.T. answers.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I know,I know. Problem is trying to get some decent pictures from my wifes crappy cell phone worth posting.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a mob AGman! Nice that they help you take out the trash.
What kind of bird? Fantail magpie, the Rhipidara albiscapa? A native or an import?
They resemble the magpies of north america but ours have longer tails and yellow beaks; but like the blue jay they are not very risk averse and thus become notorious camp robbers. th-3.jpeg

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I know,I know. Problem is trying to get some decent pictures from my wifes crappy cell phone worth posting.
Plug it into a computer and just transfer them from phone to computer. PM me I can help.

Tom

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, interesting variety of butcherbird, the Wikipedia article was great. I liked the part about thwarting stooping with spiked helmets and phony eyes on back of the head. Audacious bird!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts