·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 days around the Olympic Mtns

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Wow, what a birthday. In the category of best birthday present ever...almost. Gotta leave some leeway for something better.

You guys were really loaded. Looked that way.

Really neat picture. I expected the Olympic Peninsula to be fully engulfed with rain 100% of the time. Apparently, and thankfully, I'm wrong and it actually dries out.

Looked like a excellent adventure. Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, what a birthday. In the category of best birthday present ever...almost. Gotta leave some leeway for something better.

You guys were really loaded. Looked that way.

Really neat picture. I expected the Olympic Peninsula to be fully engulfed with rain 100% of the time. Apparently, and thankfully, I'm wrong and it actually dries out.

Looked like a excellent adventure. Thanks for sharing.
It was one of the most epic rides we have taken over the years. Weather was beyond great. Bummer part was we had 5 riders to start a month before going and it ended up being just Nate and I. But at the same time we were able to do and go some places that we may not have been able to with 5 guys. Only route we could not take was route A as there was a fire up the Hamma-Hamma river. We alway start on route B Quilcene to Sequim. There is a ranger station at Quilcene where we can park the truck for a few days while we ride. To give this www.griptwister.com tour justice you should take 5 days and see all the off shoot routes and POI listed on the route. First day we did I think 136 miles from Quilcene to camp on the Sol-Duc river. Long day but worth it. Total miles were 550ish.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Great post...great ride...great time..."interesting" sound-track!
It is so good you & your son are able to do this...I'd much prefer that to a 5 rider group.

I didn't realize this was a biblical quotation!
A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.
Gen:27:3

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is so good you & your son are able to do this...I'd much prefer that to a 5 rider group.

A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.
:p:p:D

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sound track came as I thought the ride was kind of relaxing but tough as well in spots. Seems some roads have not been driven on in many many years by 4 wheel anything. It's always fun riding with Nate.

"It is so good you & your son are able to do this" it's funny you say that as that is what he alluded to as well. As in dad you don't have to many of these left:D I said I have plenty, although I was pretty beat up a couple of days by days end.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Very nice and a ride for you to cherish. Thanks for taking us along. Birthday greetings.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was thinking like Admiral that it rained all the time up on the Olympic peninsula. But I'm glad you had good weather.
The area around there is so beautiful, I would love to go riding there as well.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Cool ride thanks for sharing. We want to do some bike camping like this to. Great memories you have.

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Really nice! The beauty of crystal clear water is a joy to behold.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really nice! The beauty of crystal clear water is a joy to behold.
The Quinault River really looked like you were looking into a swimming pool it was so clear.

20180818_113221_42379732800_o.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We watch the weather close over there as neither of us like to ride in the rain. (does anyone?) We were going to do this ride last year as it would have been 10 years since our first time going around the Olympics in 2007. But the weather didn't cooperate. So we went to the eastside of the state, which BTW several areas we rode last year all burned up this summer. So yes it does rain alot over there but if you can catch it when it's nice it is a magnificent riding area. We highly recommend you get the GPS tour from griptwister.com and load it on your GPS device.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts