TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://motoped.com/survival-black-ops/

Black Ops Survival Bike.JPG

[h=2]he Survival Black Ops Bike is your tactical blank canvas.[/h][h=2]A utilitarian, military-inspired super-hauler, it comes outfitted with a universal rack that accepts a myriad of bolt-on mounts, harnesses, and fitments so you can pack along darned near anything you can imagine.[/h][h=2]A primary fuel tank plus the added fuel from two optional red side-mounted fuel tanks will take you 250 to 300 miles without a fill-up. That’s a good thing when you’re traveling through the desert on a horse with no name. . .[/h][h=2]This bike was built for the creative survivalist. Apply your favorite gear and escape with your life. For inspiration, check out the limited edition Black Ops Camo version we’ve created.[/h]

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[h=1]FEATURES[/h]
  • [h=2]Patented Jackshaft Pedal Drive System[/h]
  • [h=2]Forged Aluminum Crank Arms[/h]
  • [h=2]DNM Adjustable Front and Rear Suspension (6″ active travel)[/h]
  • [h=2]4130 Chromoly Single Tube Frame[/h]
  • [h=2]Double Heat Treated 6061 Aluminum Swing Arm[/h]
  • [h=2]22″ by 6″ Aluminum Rear Rack (30 lbs. max load)[/h]
  • [h=2]Hayes 9″ Hydraulic Front and Rear Disc Brakes[/h]
  • [h=2]Durable 24″ and 26″ wheels with a wider, thicker, dual wall design[/h]
  • [h=2]Rotopax 1 Gallon Storage Tanks (2)[/h]
  • [h=2]Custom Motoped® Performance Rear Hub[/h]

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[h=1]SPECS[/h]
  • [h=2]Engine Displacement – 49cc / 125cc[/h]
  • [h=2]Max Horsepower – 49cc – 2.0 HP @ 7500 RPM / 125cc – 7.78 @ 7500 RPM[/h]
  • [h=2]Max Torque – 49cc – 1.70 ft-lbs @ 5500 RPM / 125cc – 6 ft-lbs @ 5000 RPM[/h]
  • [h=2]Starter Type – 49cc – Electric / 125cc – Electric & Kickstart[/h]
  • [h=2]Front Suspension – 3-way Adjustable DNM Forks (6″ travel or optional 8″ travel)[/h]
  • [h=2]Rear Suspension – 2-Way Adjustable DNM Shock[/h]
  • [h=2]Brakes – Hayes Prime DH Hydraulic 4 Piston Calipers with 224mm (9″) Rotors[/h]
  • [h=2]Rim Size – Alex Rims 26″ Front and 24″ Rear[/h]
  • [h=2]Tire Size – Front: 26 x 3 Rear: 24 x 3[/h]
  • [h=2]Wheelbase – 52″[/h]
  • [h=2]Seat Height – 32″ (Standard – 6″ travel) 34″ (Optional – 8″ travel)[/h]
  • [h=2]Max Speed – 49cc – 24 MPH / 125cc – 44 MPH[/h]
  • [h=2]Unit Weight – 132 lbs.[/h]

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Here's mine...WOO-HOO!
Endorsed by Valentino Rossi.
49cc...I wonder if they have a 60cc big bore kit?

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
They seem very cool but this company along with some others like it have taken a lot of criticism for outright not delivering on a paid-for product or delivering shoddy build quality. I'm not terribly surprised. You could probably improve one a lot by wrenching on it a bit but not if it was never delivered.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With tires like that, it should be easy to track Kemosabe.

I have tracking these Motopeds on craigslist for the past couple of years. The lowest that I have seen one for has been around $1,500. It would have to be less $1,000 for me to pull the trigger for one. I always liked the fat tire version.

View attachment 188208

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I had a few and a few friends all had 66cc motorized bicycles and found them not very powerful or dependable for the time and money invested. IMO you're better off with a used dirt bike or plain pedal bike. Anything in between has yet to impress me. For the price they're looking for a multi speed 110cc or higher would be worth it. A single speed 49cc is barely capable of assisting pedaling.

Also when you need a replacement part I wonder what the availability would be like if any. I have seen similar issues arise with the FXX110. They're affordable but cheap hardware that comes loose and replace parts are super pricey.

If I was looking for lightweight I think I'd go with an Apollo rxf150cc freeride 19/16.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts