TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also put on Easton Bars, they add great height and comfort to the ride.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for posting so much, but the cost was only $20 dollars more to have them make me one in black.

·
Registered
667 Posts
That's a sharp rack, looks great. Where'd you get it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From cyclerack.com. I called and had them make me one in black.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice, I just got mine and it would have been nice black. I think enough people must have asked so he gave in or got a different powder coater. I asked when I had my KLX250s and he would not change the color.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Those bars are sweet. I just added protaper bars and yours are better looking. I am happy with the extra height for sure. I may get a seat concepts seat and ask them to raise it an inch. Then it would be great.

·
Registered
667 Posts
If your rack is gray and you want it black here are a couple ideas: 1) take it off and take it to have it powder coated. 2) take it to a place that does spray-on bedliners and have them spray it for you. 3) if you're cheap or poor like me (I'm both) do it yourself

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Those bars are beautiful and make the bike look so clean. Where and how much for the bars?

Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Forgive me for not being smart. How do the bars get clamped to the triple trees? Are there 4 bolts that are longer and reach down past the spacer and into the stock location and then the other 4 bolts just tie into the black spacer? Another dumb question: The base is 1 1/8" and where the grips/brakes go is standard 7/8"? Also you got the bars AND clamps for only $39? Thanks for bearing with me.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ya know guys those racks are fantastic add on's for a dub....................... I'm not quite reading to take the plunge but I can see why so many love it............ OMM.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forgive me for not being smart. How do the bars get clamped to the triple trees? Are there 4 bolts that are longer and reach down past the spacer and into the stock location and then the other 4 bolts just tie into the black spacer? Another dumb question: The base is 1 1/8" and where the grips/brakes go is standard 7/8"? Also you got the bars AND clamps for only $39? Thanks for bearing with me.

The bars get clamped to the triple tree by bolts that come with it. Underneath the bars are 4 bolts that go right into the triple tree. I believe the base of the bars is 1 3/8 thick and yes it goes down to the standard 7/8 for the hand grips and controls. They are awesome bars, I hope you can find the kit like I did, because it is such a good deal. One thing, when you put these bars on, you have to reroute the throttle cable, I ran mine under the gas tank. I also had to move around the front break cable, but that was simply taking off a clamp and moving it. You will love these handle bars, they are fantastic. One last side note, the site where I bought them from, says they do not fit the TW, so I typed in drz400. Even tho they said they won't fit they will.

For more pictures, look at this

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/6822-easton-bars-and-clamps/page__p__66669__hl__easton__fromsearch__1#entry66669

1 - 16 of 16 Posts