TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I noticed that on my Yamaha TW200 the bleeder valve on the front brake is snapped off.

My questions is, how can I remove it easily? I was thinking a reverse drill bit might work the best.

Another question. If I remove it, I guess it means bleeding the front brake?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Is it broken flush with the caliper? A reverse drill bit might work. Maybe an Easy-Out? Tap in a tight-fitting allen or torx? Coax it out with a chisel and hammer? If the entire head is broken off, and it isn't real tight, maybe just pushing down with a finger tip and twisting?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's broken a little below the caliper.

I have to take the bike in for a base gasket replacement, so I'll see what they recommend.

Is it broken flush with the caliper? A reverse drill bit might work. Maybe an Easy-Out? Tap in a tight-fitting allen or torx? Coax it out with a chisel and hammer? If the entire head is broken off, and it isn't real tight, maybe just pushing down with a finger tip and twisting?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would ignore it and fit a new banjo bolt with a bleed nipple in it. I've drilled these out before and it just isn't worth the hassle, especially as you can ruin the calliper.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, since it not leaking, I'm going to ignore it for now. Might get time int he Winter to remove and replace it.

I would ignore it and fit a new banjo bolt with a bleed nipple in it. I've drilled these out before and it just isn't worth the hassle, especially as you can ruin the calliper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts