TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to laugh at all the turn siginal blinkers that were left on during our last Green Ridge ride. I thought I was the only one who forgets to turn off my blinkers after a turn. I'm ordering this Piezo speaker in hopes to have just enough sound to remind me to turn off the blinkers.
Has anyone ever tried one of these?

[video]https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HG7H2TM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494553626&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=12v+piezo+buzzer&dpPl=1&dpID=415RxC-T%2B-L&ref=plSrch[/video]

·
Registered
20,376 Posts
Gerry put a similar buzzer on his MrGizmo bike. Worked great for me until it died on a rainy Boonevile ride. For the price you could get a handful and pass them out to your Green Ridge buddies.;)

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
I was told to follow the leader. He left his on so I left mine on. I call that meticulously following directions. This was my first group ride so I figured I was being helpful. The sun was in my eyes. My visor was foggy and couldn't see my blinker flashing. It was dusty and my indicator light was blocked by dust................

Tom

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gerry put a similar buzzer on his MrGizmo bike. Worked great for me until it died on a rainy Boonevile ride. For the price you could get a handful and pass them out to your Green Ridge buddies.;)
That's a good idea and it gives me a year for R&D. ;)

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I put a car flasher on my Radian. Some of those old car flashers were very loud. It may be as simple as plug and play with one of those. Mine is one of the genetic quiet ones.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Garry I didn't realize I also needed a rectifier.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
My wish list for the TW includes self cancelling turn signals and a handlebar mounted choke (I know, it's a "fuel enrichenment circuit"). I'm not buying another new TW unless Yamaha starts putting this 2 items on at the factory.....or until i want another new TW.:D

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Straight out of China. Has anyone ever ordered from Alibaba?

[video]https://m.alibaba.com/product/60477177465/GTI-3610-sound-buzzer-waterproof-piezo.html?spm=a2706.7843667.1998817009.7.wCFdW6[/video]

Looks like 80db is about as low as they go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts