TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Hollister to attempt the Challenge Loop again. Unfortunately, due to recent rains, part of the loop was closed.

Trails come in four flavors: Green Circle, Blue Square, Black Diamond, and the an unofficial Double Black Diamond. Easy to hardest.

This video shows a blue square trail and how it varies from easy to not so easy back to easy. I was routed this way due to trail closure but no complaints.

There were many more riders there compared to my usual visits and more were coming when I left. I guess the wet weather brings out riders that like the mud. Make that 2 stroke riders that like mud! At the end of the video I meet 6 other riders and the 3 on KTMs had had enough, but the guy on the far right, riding a Husky, insisted on more.

It was a good time and a great workout. Next visit will be after the rains are over and the ground has had a chance to dry up a little bit.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
nice ride! i wonder if this little drizzle of rain will green up the hills at all?

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
What a neat trail riding area. The tree's remind me of the old Dukes of Hazard TV show! Thanks to you, I got my trail ride in for the week!:D

Me and son#3 where going to go on a ride today, but been snowing all week off and on. So, instead of riding the TW, I'm riding the computer chair...for a bit anyway.

Thanks for the video. It keeps my hopes up that winter will end eventually!

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something a little different. This is the road out of The Renz Property part of Hollister Hills OHV. I am starting my journey home!

And what are all these people doing here in the middle of the week?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Something a little different. This is the road out of The Renz Property part of Hollister Hills OHV. I am starting my journey home!

And what are all these people doing here in the middle of the week?
24hr placebo flu, vision problem (ala Joe), etc cough cough I feel something coming on later this week if things dry out.-Josh

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Josh -- You better stay healthy for a couple of more weeks. I just got off the phone with the ranger station and the lady told me the entire Renz Property is closed (where the challenge loop is) and will be that way for at least 3 to 4 days and depending on the amount of rain and sun they get, it could be weeks. She stated other parts of the park are closed too, I didn't pay attention which parts, but added the granite part is open, the part west of the fault. Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts