TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha TW200
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I was looking at Bluetooth headsets for riding my motorcycle on street and dirt. I ended up choosing the Lexin LX-B4FM.
I was curious if any of you ride with one. If so, what did you choose and why? How do you like it?
If you don’t ride with one, what is your reasoning?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Paige

·
Registered
439 Posts
I love that same unit.

Only thing better is my new bluetooth hearing aids but only at low wind noise situations.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Hi All,
I was looking at Bluetooth headsets for riding my motorcycle on street and dirt. I ended up choosing the Lexin LX-B4FM.
I was curious if any of you ride with one. If so, what did you choose and why? How do you like it?
If you don’t ride with one, what is your reasoning?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Paige
After you've had them for a while, maybe post some kind of a "Consumer Reports" type of thing...I am also looking to get a Comm setup and would appreciate any intel on the various models.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
We have Sena's. I have a 10c evo on one helmet and we both have SRL units built into our Neotec 2 helmets. I could go on for days about how horrible it has been trying to get different units in the Sena range to work together and other issues we had For instance my 10c and her SRL work terrible together. Same with my 10c and my friends older Sena 20s units, same with the 20s and the SRL, 30s, 50s etc. Sena used to be the gold standard and as long as the units are the same model they are really good, different models well not so much. Back when we and all our riding friends had 20s units things were pretty good but as units died, or got upgraded for various reasons the problems began.

We plan to switch to Cardo packtalks this year since we are tired of the constant issues we have had with the Sena's for the last couple years. All of my riding friends are doing the same. Cardo is as of right now the most popular unit out there and is considered the gold standard in mesh based comms.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have a Cardo Scala bluetooth headset. I've owned it for at least 7 or 8 years. Works great, pairs quick with my buddy rider. It's full duplex intercom; as if talking on the phone. I can program priority for the different signals; cell phone, intercom, music source, GPS. When a higher priority comes up, it over rides. The distance between me and my riding buddy is pretty much line of sight. 100 yards or so. If one of us goes round a corner and out of sight, the signal drops, but picks right back up. The whole thing fits on the helmet and charges with the same charger as my cell phone. The phone works great. My wife says I sound like I'm sitting in a quiet office, not riding a motorcycle.
I can't believe the battery still charges, but it does. I'm not sure if the battery is replacable or not, never checked, but I doubt it. I bought it used of eBay.

Reactions: prome001

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha TW200
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After you've had them for a while, maybe post some kind of a "Consumer Reports" type of thing...I am also looking to get a Comm setup and would appreciate any intel on the various models.
Okay I will do 👍🏻

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha TW200
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the feedback! I will report back once I get more use out of these ones.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I've had good luck so far with the Cardo PackTalks. Range could be better, but I can just call my riding buddy if we disconnect and have cell service if I need to. Actually I think they can be set to automatically do that for instance if your buddy would stop unexpectedly when behind you. They have newer models and most people will say to buy what your friends have

1 - 8 of 8 Posts